Help getting IMEI number

All of this seems obsolete since Android 10.

https://developer.android.com/about/versions/10/privacy/changes

1 Like

Dear Taifun, thanks for the guidance.
I tried that but still have the problem.
I simplified the App to only have what matters for this problem.
testDevId.aia (7.4 KB)
If you have the time please take a look on the included .aia
Thanks
Paulo

Dear bodymindpower, thanks for your contribution.
The GetDeviceId extension does not ask any permission when the app starts for the first time.
My test device is Android9.
Will it change when it upgrades to Android10?
Thanks
Paulo

Iā€™m interested to know if anyone has run into problems with this? My app pulled IMEI number for device identification (My company assigns devices to our field techs, but they all use the same google sign in). Hopefully, I donā€™t need to find another way of identifying the devices.

sorry, I do not have time

If you are asking for help, I recommend you to make it as easy for others to be able to help you ā€¦
You probably will get more feedback thenā€¦

which means in your case post a screenshot of your relevant blocksā€¦

To download the aia file, upload it to Kodular, open it, do some bug hunting for you, etcā€¦ this takes time, and most people will not do thatā€¦
Thank you.

Taifun

OK, sorry for sending the .aia, I thought it would be more convenient.
I just did what I would prefer others to do if I had the experience to help once I could run the app and see it working.

But here is the screen shot.

In this layout the label prints the initialized devid value.

Later I tried something a little different ( moved the label to GotDeviceID):

This one works and the label is loaded with my device ID.

It looks a little strange to me but what I am thinking is to put my call to RunQuery where the set label is now and it seems it will solve my problem.

Thanks for your contribution
Paulo

Hi Gary, I was intending to use IMEI but learned the user has to allow the app to read it and the Google Play service may require that one writes terms to inform potential users about privacy, I donā€™t need these problems and thus decided to use deviceid that has no privacy issues.
Regards

Yes of courseā€¦ and this is not strange at allā€¦ First get the device id, receive it in the GotDeviceId event and run your query
Taifun

1 Like

Oh, I understand. My app is bypassing the Play Store and is only installed on specific devices the company owns, so Iā€™m not as worried about permissions. Iā€™m worried that new tablets we buy with Android 10 wonā€™t let me submit IMEI with the data so I know which specific tablet submitted the data.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

HEY this is darwin bark team ā€¦
TO get device id or imei no ā€¦you need to ask for fone status permission when screen initialize ā€¦and then you can use collintree imei extension to store it any other extension you want

blocks (7)

blocks (8)

Use This Blocks. You Will Get Deviece Utilities Component On Utilities Section

Itā€™s working with Android 10???

2 Likes

Why donā€™t you Try Yourselfā€¦

1 Like

it was working but when i change my android to 10 itā€™s stoped work well

how can i do this

see post #20

see also

Taifun

do this task after any action means when signup button click then call any extension to get imei number and its done

Does anyone have a solution? I have been using IMEI numbers as a device identifier to track which of our company tablets is submitting information to the office. Now some have been updated to Android 10 and that is all broken. I had to disable the device tracking in the application. Is there another device-specific ID that I can track with Android 10?