Help me making this simple calculation in my extension

so is this correct or not please tell

1 Like

Ohhhhh I know why now, an Object cannot be passed to Integer.parseInt()ā€¦ To fix it, just change that piece to Integer.parseInt(itemInList.toString()). Or you can change the lines to the new linesā€¦

list.toArray() can be switched to list.toStringArray(), BUT Object itemInList must be changed to String itemInListā€¦ Nothing else must be changedā€¦ OR,

Just change Integer.parseInt(itemInList) to Integer.parseInt(itemInList.toString()) as I said firstā€¦ Whichever seems easier to you.

@luv.ak.tech below would be proper.

import com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.util.YailList;
import java.lang.NumberFormatException;
import java.util.Arrays;
import java.util.List;

// Place this inside of your extension class
@SimpleFunction
public int LoopOverList(YailList list) {
  List listOfNumbers = Arrays.asList(list.toStringArray());
  int finalResult = 0;

for (String itemInList : listOfNumbers) {
    try {
      finalResult += Integer.parseInt(itemInList);
    } catch(NumberFormatException nfe) {
      // Not a number
      nfe.printStackTrace();
    }
  }

return finalResult;
}

Thank you for pointing that out @Srrazmi!

2 Likes

sorry i am asking too many questions
because i started making extensions just yesterday

what does this do?

You also have multiple accounts on the same ip adress. You are only allowed to have one on the community. Which one should i delete?

3 Likes

i think i have only one more account
you can delete my @Niraj_Kumar account

It basically logs the error to system logsā€¦ I think, as my knowledge goes with printStackTrace and system logs. Though it would only occur if an item was not a number! You can remove it if youā€™d like, just donā€™t break; the list.

1 Like

if we need to make the same thing just do mutiply instead of plus shall we need to do like this?

If you want to multiply finalResult by Integer.parseInt(itemInList) then yes. But it wouldnā€™t really work because finalResult = 0 and well all know that 0 multiplied by another number still equals 0, so youā€™d probably want to change finalResult to finalResult = 1.

1 Like

thank you for the help
@hammerhai
@Srrazmi
@Peter
@golumaths100

1 Like

help me there is an error coming
/projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/build.xml:35: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/build-common.xml:372: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/components/build.xml:141: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/build-common.xml:118: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

That isnā€™t an error , you might share the whole error.

1 Like

@luv.ak.tech can you share the error? That only tells me that the build failed.

1 Like

ok i will share

Buildfile: /projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/build.xml

extensions:

clean:

init:

common_CommonUtils:

init:

CommonUtils:

common_CommonVersion:

init:

CommonVersion:
[exec] Result: 128

CopyToRunLibDir:

components_AndroidRuntime:

init:

CommonConstants:
[javac] Compiling 6 source files to /projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/components/build/classes/CommonConstants
[javac] warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.7
[javac] 1 warning

HtmlEntities:

common_CommonVersion:

init:

CommonVersion:

AndroidRuntime:
[javac] Compiling 332 source files to /projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/components/build/classes/AndroidRuntime
[javac] warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.7
[javac] /projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/components/src/com/appybuilder/contact2niraj/Maths_extension/Maths_extension.java:58: error: cannot find symbol
[javac] public int LoopOverList(YailList list) {
[javac] ^
[javac] symbol: class YailList
[javac] location: class Maths_extension
[javac] /projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/components/src/com/appybuilder/contact2niraj/Maths_extension/Maths_extension.java:75: error: cannot find symbol
[javac] ^
[javac] /projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/components/src/com/appybuilder/contact2niraj/Maths_extension/Maths_extension.java:62: error: incompatible types: Object cannot be converted to String
[javac] for (String itemInList : listOfNumbers) {
[javac] ^
[javac] /projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/components/src/com/appybuilder/contact2niraj/Maths_extension/Maths_extension.java:79: error: incompatible types: Object cannot be converted to String
[javac] ^
[javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
[javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
[javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
[javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
[javac] 4 errors
[javac] 1 warning

BUILD FAILED
/projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/build.xml:35: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/build-common.xml:372: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/components/build.xml:141: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/build-common.xml:118: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Total time: 7 seconds
lList list) {
[javac] ^
[javac] /projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/components/src/com/appybuilder/contact2niraj/Maths_extension/Maths_extension.java:75: error: cannot find symbol
[javac] ^
[javac] /projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/components/src/com/appybuilder/contact2niraj/Maths_extension/Maths_extension.java:62: error: incompatible types: Object cannot be converted to String
[javac] ^
[javac] /projects/goldv2/appinventor-sources/appinventor/components/src/com/appybuilder/contact2niraj/Maths_extension/Maths_extension.java:79: error: incompatible types: Object cannot be converted to String
[javac] ^
[javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
[javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
[javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
[javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
[javac] 4 errors
[javac] 1 warning

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 7 seconds

Do you have import com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.util.YailList;?

sorry i forgot to add that

1 Like

After you add the class, make sure the function looks like that.

1 Like

it looks like this

Are you ok?

Oop, they went offline :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

its still showing error