How to add update system

I am getting “firebase error: permission denied” on home screen while testing if app updates or not

Maybe you have set firebase rules to locked mode.Try changing it to test mode.

1 Like

In your database, goto rules and change read and write false to true.

1 Like

The operation > cannot accept the arguments: , [empty-string], [1.4C.1 Eagle]

Show your blocks and firebase structure.

2020-04-20_170657 2020-04-20_170720

do i need to set authentication as well in Firebase?

The error tells us two things:
1.You are trying to use update system in Companion which does not make sense as you are comparing your app’s version with Companion’s version.
2.You are not getting value from firebase.Maybe something wrong in configuration.

I suggest you to read Kodular Docs first:
https://docs.kodular.io

Your firebase structure is wrong, also you are calling tag value which is not in your firebase database. see above posts and make corrections.

1 Like

First write the value like this, "“1.4"”
Secondly remove that ‘C’ after the 1.4 because u are using number to get greater than, not words. Hope you understand

Like thisScreenshot_20200420-180944

These are changes made, still same error

2020-04-21_000940

You are using two different tags to call the value, Look at this picture

With this picture above, your firebase database bucket should be (word)
And ur tag will be (New updates)

Looking at the tree, you will see that the tag (New updates ) is produced by the bucket (word)

After all this, go to app and change the app version name to only number, no words

Is this working correctly? I havent seen such update system in any app

For Device Manager I will do a tutorial on how to do this seamlessly because there’s some new blocks in town :wink:

:) 

Yes it is quite good.
But you can delay content loading until popup appears.

Here is a full tutorial, exactly what you want. Do the same as shown in the tutorial.

I am also using this, and working fine.

Hope this work for you.

2 Likes

Guys, app is updating now within app, i removed custom tab and made changes according to video. Thanks to all for help.

One thing is still incomplete that every time app is updating, how to make it show notification only when new version has come. I am sharing screens which will help you tell me make changes.

2020-04-21_125242 2020-04-21_125331 2020-04-21_125741
2020-04-21_131301

is it because of diff in numbers 1 & 2?

You have to just change the version from firebase, app will automatically show update notification.

So the numeric value is for version only? which is currently 2 in my case2020-04-21_125741