How to add update system

You should not test your app in companion.
Try with apk.

This is because your app is considering companion version as app version which is 1.4C Eagle which is not acceptable value or less than your firebase value.

We have already said in previous posts that, when using this method of app update notification dont use it in companion. And you are still asking here.

Do a search before asking!

2 Likes

how to add update details in this system. I want to give short description of update so that users can know what they are going to get in update, just like we receive notification on our phone update, which says what’s new - Improved performance and bug fixes

You will have to use your own logic.

Tip: store all details in list format in firebase.

2 Likes

I am new to kodular. I dont know how to do it. You have good knowledge of these things, so you can tell

The best method to learn is to learn from yourself.
Try yourself and if you stuck somewhere community is here to help you.

1 Like

Same. I have created my own setup as per your instructions, now stuck here. Please anyone let me know

@Neeraj_Kumar use Airtable.
I personally use Airtable to get updates.

1 Like

@Neeraj_Kumar here is your solution
Annotation 2020-07-15 225827
When there will be a new update change the version from 1 to 2 etc…
Instead of using version name, use version code. Like this. Also change the url to the new one.

Annotation 2020-07-15 230031

Can we make it on screen 2?

Yes you can.

version in app and firebase are the same, but app still force to update ?

Did you tried in companion ?

It will show companion version when you test in companion !!

i know rule here, i alway try and search in comm, youtube before i post, i’ve tried hafl day

You should debug your blocks in order to know that what value is returning by Firebase.

2 Likes

You didn’t answer this question?

1 Like

is this your mean ?

Try in Apk !!

Because whenever you test it in companion your app version is considered as companion version

2 Likes

OMG, i’ve tried half day, but online from pc to companion, but dont export apk. thank s you very much, it worked @Anu10

1 Like