How to Clearing the single character before cursor position in TextBox

you might want to check the textbox extension
https://puravidaapps.com/textbox.php

Taifun

3 Likes

thank you but i can’t find how to delete a number before cursor position , even so the cursor is in mid of the text

you might want to do some math… there is the length block to find out the length of the textbox.text, just subtract 1 and assign the reduced text again to textbox1.text
see also tip 2 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps

Taifun

You can preset the TextBox_Text to blank with blocks. That will clear the textbox.

1 Like

i want to delete single character not the all of text box :slight_smile:

Maybe try this

1 Like

when the user set the cursor position and click the button , i want to delete only single character which where before cursor position in text box

That’s what that does.

Edit

AHHHHHHHISEEWHATYOUMEAN, but you do understand there’s a back button on all keyboards right?

1 Like

yes sure but i want to make a back button in advanced calculator , with out using keyboard

Yeah I clearly can’t help you with this, responsive support will be with you soon.

1 Like

anybody from support will contact with me ? :slight_smile:

Yes, people who are responsive, unlike me.

ok thant you for you time :slight_smile:

what about following the suggestion from my previous answer?
Taifun

i’m realy tried very much , but can’t :frowning:

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

Taifun

2 Likes

look , if the text of text box is 12345 .
and user set the cursor position after number 3 for example , and click the button .

i want if button clicked , delete number 3 , then the text of text box become 1245 instead of 12345

you already received an answer here

Taifun
PS: it is annoying to find the same question in different communities… please don’t do this

3 Likes

i didn’t find the answer here , and also i already use other communities

Next time only ask in the forum of the builder you use. And show the blocks you made. This way you don’t waste users time in helping you. Next time users will not be so willing to help you.

4 Likes