How to download an image from the assets to the device of the user

Your File url that you want to download & Below that File Name which you want to give to your file.

1 Like

I would like to ask a question.
If there are 20 images on the application page, I have to make 20 blocks.
One block for each image.

I can’t understand what URL you are talking about.

https: //
Or URL is the name of my image in the application.

Example image.png

already says of several geito here and nothing of right …
just gives error …

Boban…
Please Kodular has a page or video link with explanations with details from start to finish. Explaining a walkthrough for beginners just like me. They probably have more errors in my pad and I still haven’t found it. My application just lacks this detail to be published on Google play And me and Kodular make money … Anyway we all make money. Hugs

Intialize the global url to blank
And set the download url to get url.

If you are not getting it do one thing,
upload your images to google drive.
Their you will get url for each image.

this
https://kodular-community.s3.dualstack.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/original/3X/7/0/70d0fb34599adbf8bb2399cb76a27ac84eb412cf.png
is an URL to an image

Taifun

1 Like

How my app’s images are saved in Kodular … I did not intend to save the application’s image in another company. I can’t get the images on Kodular

use for example the file extension and its Copy method to copy your image from the assets to a directory of your choice…
https://puravidaapps.com/file.php

however this will stop working as soon as Kodular targets SDK30, because starting from then we only will be able to store something to the ASD - application specific directory

Taifun
PS: I now adjusted the title of your thread… we unfortunately had a very long discussion (30 posts) about the wrong subject…

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

this thread is about downloading an image from the assets to the device of the user
there have been some misunderstandings in this thread…

Taifun

2 Likes

My God…
I don’t understand anything anymore.

A thousand Sorry for ordering everyone.

I will look for someone here in Brazil to help me.

Hugs

what you want is to copy an image from the assets of your app to a directory of the device
the Copy method of the file extension can do it…
https://puravidaapps.com/file.php
copy
see the documentation there about how to use this method

Taifun

1 Like

Hello my friend
already downloaded App Inventor Extensions: File | Pura Vida Apps
I followed the blocks as explained.
The following error appears.

Friends There is no page on Kodular with step by step explanation for me to learn how to do this.
for the love of god, 10 days already.

I just wish that when someone clicks on the image in my application, the person will be able to save the image on their cell phone

I would like more information on how to find the URL of an image saved in Kodular

what about reading the documentation as already mentioned earlier?

Copy file.
Use this method to copy small files, for large files use the CopyAsync method instead. Prefix the filename with / (i.e. relative path) to copy a file on the SD card. For instance /myFile.txt will copy the file /mnt/sdcard/myFile.txt. To copy assets packaged with an application (also works for the Companion) start the fromFilename with // (two slashes). However you can’t copy files to the assets. If a fileName starts with file:/// you can specify a complete path to the file.

fromFileName should be //imagem.png
and toFileName should be /imagem.png if you want it to copy to the root folder of the emulated sdcard

A very good way to learn App Inventor or Kodular is to read the free Inventor’s Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps … the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book ‘teaches’ users how to program with AI2 blocks.
There is a free programming course here Course In A Box and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps
How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: How do you...? .

Also do the tutorials Tutorials for MIT App Inventor to learn the basics of App Inventor, then try something and follow the Top 5 Tips: How to learn App Inventor

Taifun

yes, 10 days and 40 posts to answer a simple question…
as you can see, it is important to ask correctly…
and you still are talking about

the correct question would be how to get the path to a file stored in the assets of your app

Taifun

It’s not how community works my friend. You have to search and try by yourself many times and don’t get directly into hard things if you still don’t understand Kodular logic and how to make an android app. First, you have to make everything clear in your mind before starting to work and explain to yourself what do you want exactly, posting in the community must be your last solution when you’re really stuck and can’t find any other solution. And with posting also you shouldn’t bombard the topic with your posts! Just wait until someone helps, not everyone is always available in the community to help and it’s not some magic you just post a topic and instanty you get the answer. Kodular staff and programers are doing as much as they can to give support and help everyone, it’s not kind from you to say such things…

You have to learn Android basics, because as i’m seeing you don’t have the minimum requirements to develop an app by yourself…Search in the community and read documentations and guides even not from here to get some knowledge and experience because it’s not that easy to make an app even with Kodular, and don’t start with such things while you’re a beginner.

As @taifun said these guides and books will be helpful for you, if you’re really interrested in developing apps it’s worth it.

1 Like

For those who already have a lot of knowledge it is very easy to understand things.
For those who do not, it is very difficult.
Even more in English.
and when you use Google translator it looks different.
Thank you very much I will try here.

1 Like

Thank you very much for all your support and attention.
I promise to follow your directions and not disturb your friends’ work.
Hugs and stay with God.

Read this guide it will really helpful to you