How to get a count of rows belonging to same Category

Hi Dear Helping Members,

My 3rd Day over here and queries continuing :slight_smile:, Appreciate the help and guidance that i am receiving.
For today, i am facing a challenge to find the count of rows that exist for a particular category of records.
for example:
from the table shown above, i am trying to fetch the number of Fruit (which should display as 3) and Vegetable (which should get displayed as 2)

Regards,
Sribatsha

What is this table.Is it an html table?

1 Like

Hi @Mohamed_Tamer,
I have stored it in Airtable.
The above illustration was an example, sharing herewith the Airtable Snapshot.

This table has got just 2 columns “CName” (for Customer Name) and “Registrar Number” (for Employee Number, who has registered the Customer)

I want to fetch which Registrar Number has registered, how many Customers.

Regards,
Sribatsha

You mean you want to know if a number exists in a the column?

You mean you want to know how much columns does your airtable has?

Hi @Mohamed_Tamer,

No, i need Registrar Number (say 23456) has registered 2 Customers (just the count of records)

Regards,
Sribatsha

Oh, you need to know how much a register number registered?

Hi @Mohamed_Tamer,
Yes :+1:

Regards,
Sribatsha

1 Like

Okay, try this:
it checks if the number is added to the list values2 in another time.If its added . that means that its a doable value.Now it will check again if this number is in the duplicate numbers list. if so it will just increment the duplication number by one.Else, it will added to the duplicated registered numbers list an add in the duplicate count only two. lastly it adds the number to the list values 2.
Note: you must set the field type in airtable to number.

What if you want to show this data in a list?

This method isn’t tested. May be it have a problem.If it have just tell me :slightly_smiling_face:

Here is my approach, similar to @Mohamed_Tamer 's, tested

1 Like

Hi @dora_paz and @Mohamed_Tamer,

Thanks for the guidance, sorry i got late in reading your suggestions.
Being new to the platform (without any coding knowledge) i was trying to understand the logic, however am going round and round :roll_eyes:

I tried with the blocks from @Mohamed_Tamer, however at the end, my textbox fetches no value. :frowning:

May be i am going wrong somewhere, sharing herewith my blocks. Kindly guide.

Regards,
Sribatsha

See my example

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Thanks @dora_paz and @Mohamed_Tamer,

Definitely your guidance helped me to further shape up my thinking process.
I was able to achieve my requirement with the following blocks.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.