How to get specific items from a random list

I dont know about the game, but according to the topic i was prepared a aia, just see to that… nothing behind more logic in this…

sorry, check this Due to network delay, some blocks not saved properly

random(1).aia (5.6 KB)

Try this

MasterMind_1.aia (14.3 KB)

Also this is from my private collection, dated from 1970’s :slight_smile:

3 Likes

But seems to be repetation of colour it seems

Oooh woaw! Awesome the game, it’s a collector’s item you have, @dora_paz ! It reminds me of memories, my father had a pretty similar box, but I think he doesn’t have it anymore.

I test your aia tonight and see if it works well! Thanks to you for the help!

1 Like

If possible, why dont you test this app?

random.apk (5.3 MB)

I am not sure how willl the game go on…( just for learning)

Tested apk, you are close but this is not exactly what mastermind is about @Still-learning When 4 colors are chosen you have to inform the player whether he found the combination of colors or if he has found any colors and also if they were placed in the correct order or not. For doing that you may use up to 4 black or white pins.

• A black clue means that there is a correct color in the correct place.
  • A white clue means that a correct color is in the wrong place.
  • An empty clue slot means that a wrong color has been placed

If for example with the first try I found only one color and I placed in the wrong position then I get informed about that and I continue from that point with a white clue and 3 empty slots. I change my combinations of colors and then I get informed that I have one in wrong position and one in correct, one white clue, one black, two empty slots and so on … In original board game I have 12 attempts to get the correct combination

1 Like

I got the point of the game… thanks mam

I am going to buy it for my kinds .

2 Likes

Great, thank you @dora_paz ! It was because of my color codes that it didn’t work then.

Now I will see how to do all the mechanics of the game, compare the combinations etc … :smiley:

1 Like

@dora_paz , Mam, As per your suggestion added in the post. i made a sample app… If possible just try (anyone, it is offline app with no permission) and let me know…

In VSA, if your attempt crosses more than 6 means, then i would like to hide the preceding things… and it can be viewable if your turn completes or finished… also, there is no term for repetition in the lists… You cannot pick up two colors during a attempt… i dont whether know repetition is allowed or not in this game…

Sorry, due to network connectivity, some of the blocks not saved properly… Now you try this…

CodeBreakerFun.apk (5.7 MB)

I dint make it much complicated, just for basic level i was tried, so easily can break up if you observe… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes ! That’s it !

The only thing, when we have chosen a color, it is deleted, whereas we should be able to put the same one several times.

How did you do it? Can you help me ??

1 Like

It should also be possible to change a color given by the player, if he made a mistake.

I would like you to explain to me how you did all this, I want to understand the logic because I think I am not far from the solution but there is something stuck

If so how can user can go to next attempt? I feel if he picked up all colours then that attempt was over so he allowed to play next attempt until he reach 12…

This is the logic.

1. I achieved all these with just dynamic component extension.

2. Create 4 button and 4 four image layout with id =1 in HA1 and 6 label with 6 color along with clickable enabled in HA2 and disabled this , But image must be in hidden mide.

3. Meanwhile designed to create random color picker for the app. Once random 4 colour generated then design the images to add. Same time created the index of random color in a list like 4,3,5,1 somewhat.

4. Once user picked the label then that color index added into the clicked button and added to the list

5. If all over, then only logic plays… then compare the picked color list with random color list and display the images along with png…

6. Since I used VSA i was unable to handle how to scroll up when user reaches the bottom of the screen. So I designed to hide the HA from the too(but it hides the last attempt HA, going to change)

7. If user picks doesnot matches with random list then I’d will be automatically goes to +1

8. That’s all my friend…

Personally, I will have put a “validate” button, activated when the player’s 4 proposals are made. By clicking on this button, we move on to the next round (if the combination is not found).

And if the player clicks again on one of the pawns he has chosen, he can modify the color if he wants to change it (if he was wrong)

Thank you for the explanations. For you, it seems very simple and basic, but for me it takes a lot of time to understand ^^ I will try to reproduce with your explanations, but if you agree to give the aia, it would be great to understand by seeing the blocks

Thanks to you !

Moreover, a small bug on your apk, the screen does not scroll when you reach several attempts, suddenly you do not see all the combinations that we have proposed

Yes, instead of scroll i planned to hide the dynamic arrangement from the top but added blocks to hide the last attempt. That’s is the bug , i will edit it and will send you in pm

1 Like

Why won’t you post it here so everyone can learn :slight_smile: instead of pm

1 Like

I know a similar game:

Computer has a number with 4 digits, each digit is different with each other.
you guess the number, and computer will tell you ‘mAnB’, which means your guess have m ‘right number and right position’ and n ‘right number and wrong position’. when you get ‘4A0B’, you guess the right one.
how many time you need to get the correct number?

Or, change your positions, you have a number, and let the computer to guess. there is an algorithm with that computer can guess right in less than 6 times.

Yes, what you are describing looks like MasterMind, but with numbers. I think the logic is similar.

CodeBreaker (1).apk (5.8 MB)

(Forget to hide the secret code)

Based on over all above conversation i have tried this apk, pls test it, if possible and let me know …

It’s work perfectly :heart_eyes:

1 Like