How to open a image in a app via gallery

Hii i want to open a image in my app via gallery. So when i click on the image in my app it should show like “open with” with a list of apps which can be used to view images.

1 Like

@Suhail_khan Welcome to Kodular Community :pray: :pray: :pray:

#off-topic

You can use activity starter.

1 Like

Thank you, but could you please tell the entire procedure. I tried but it didn’t work so.

It would really help if you provided a screenshot of your relevant blocks, so we can see what you are trying to do, and where the problem may be.

To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select “Download Blocks as Image”. You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

1 Like

Hi @Suhail_khan
Your query is quite confusing.

It means that you want your app to be listed in Open With popup for image files.

It means you want to show image with different app.

Please elaborate more.

I think so he want to view an image in default gallery app.

Like we use activity starter to view an url in browser, instead of using webview/custom tab.

1 Like

Yes exactly, You got my point so how can i do it with activity starter

As shown in the screenshot i clicked on the image and it shows various apps to choose to view the image. I want to do the same using activity starter.

you could try this extension by @vknow360

Taifun

Try this:
Action: android.intent.action.VIEW
Data Uri: image path
Data Type: mime type like image/png

An extension is missing which can add app in default apps like image,video,sms,call,etc.
Let’s see if someone is interested or not.

Yep :grin:. …

I also added myself to the list :smiley:

Well actually I wanted to say that if someone is interested in making extension or not :sweat_smile:

You made me sad :cry:

Just kidding :sweat_smile:

It is not what @themaayur and I interpret :wink:

1 Like

what is the image path if image is stored in tiny db.

You can’t store image in tinyDB directly.

i too thought like but you can store images in tiny db.