How? to set the maximum character length in a paragraph to 20 characters and end with a 3 dot period

Sorry but if you are asking for blocks then you should show blocks.
If you don’t know how to download all blocks then right click in blocks area and you will see an option for it.

Try this one:

blocks%20(90)

Download and upload it in your project.
In your case:-
text = ‘your text’
length = 20
char = …

1 Like

I tried with this block and cut it short to 20 characters, but I cut 50 characters with an error

What error did you get?
Is string’s length smaller than 50?

Segment: Start (1) + length (50) - 1 exceeds text length (38).
Note: You will not see another error reported for 5 seconds.

Error says it all
Text length is smaller than 50 so you can not limit it to 50.
Last index should be smaller than text’s length.

I got muddy from the airtable database, because an instance title doesn’t take 20 characters and it has an error and can’t be displayed?

Sorry but can you elaborate it more.

Use if block
That is length is less than 20 than directly show it else
Use that segment block

I really design, like creating blocks is a problem for me

I develop on Kodular, thunkable, block code …

A very good way to learn App Inventor or Kodular is to read the free Inventor’s Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps … the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book ‘teaches’ users how to program with AI2 blocks.
There is a free programming course here Course In A Box and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps
How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: How do you...? .

Also do the tutorials Tutorials for MIT App Inventor to learn the basics of App Inventor, then try something and follow the Top 5 Tips: How to learn App Inventor

Taifun

As you know, I know nothing about English

and there was not much time to search for documents, or read them

your English sounds pretty good…

I understand your attitude… you are not interested to learn something, you are only interested to get a fast solution…

hopefully you always will find someone, who gives you the solution… good luck with this strategy…

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Taifun

6 Likes

I’m Vietnamese, and I don’t understand English how can I read them. Besides Kodular Create or any document translated into Vietnamese, easy to understand.

i Think this is useful for You

1 Like

Taifun

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.