Is a KodularAnalytics DLL causing app crashes?

Received a couple of error logs from a Google Pixel:

java.lang.RuntimeException:

at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity (ActivityThread.java:2951)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity (ActivityThread.java:3086)
at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute (LaunchActivityItem.java:78)
at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks (TransactionExecutor.java:108)
at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute (TransactionExecutor.java:68)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage (ActivityThread.java:1816)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage (Handler.java:106)
at android.os.Looper.loop (Looper.java:193)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main (ActivityThread.java:6718)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run (RuntimeInit.java:493)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main (ZygoteInit.java:858)

*Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: *

• at io.fabric.sdk.android.Fabric.singleton (Fabric.java:275)*
  • at io.fabric.sdk.android.Fabric.getKit (Fabric.java:525)*
  • at com.crashlytics.android.answers.Answers.getInstance (Answers.java:34)*
  • at com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.util.KodularAnalyticsUtil.logScreenOpen (SourceFile:44)*
  • at com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.Form.onCreate (SourceFile:341)*
  • at android.app.Activity.performCreate (Activity.java:7144)*
  • at android.app.Activity.performCreate (Activity.java:7135)*
  • at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate (Instrumentation.java:1271)*
  • at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity (ActivityThread.java:2931)*
1 Like

I get the same error after I released my first App (v23) built with Kodular (previous release (v22) made with AI2 has never shown this):

java.lang.IllegalStateException
io.fabric.sdk.android.Fabric.singleton

Should be fixed in next major release

4 Likes

When sir
I am waiting

Be patient.

I am patient, unfortunately not my users!

The error messages / crashes are increasing rapidly …
I have to think about switching back to AI2, until the bug was fixed by the Kodular team.

You have a lot of options but you are not looking at them.
You can also work on an alternative.
You can shut down your app means show users a crash fixing dialog.
And the best option use another builder until error is fixed.

You have a lot of options … no, only one
You can also work on an alternative. which should that be?
You can shut down your app means show users a crash fixing dialog. there is no crash fixing method

No, there is only one alternative and that is to switch to another AI version (AI2, AppyBuilder, …).
Maybe the crashes will not arise if the app prevents the Internet connection so that io.fabric can not collect data.

Yes you can.
If you think switching is best for you than you can.
Regards from me.

Does anyone have any idea when the crash will occur? I assume that once the app is started, data will be collected by fabric.io. When the app is closed, this data is transferred to fabric.io / Kodular. Maybe at this time it comes to the crash. Is that correct? If so, then the user would probably not notice the crash.

The Google Pre-Launch report did not show a crash on any test devices. But in the last 20 days there have been many crashes that have been reported in Android Vitals.