Is it possible to write greek alphabets like alpha,beta gamma in a textbox or label?

I am making a quiz section in my App, but a lot my questions include greek constants or symbols. So i was wondering if there’s any way to incorporate it into a textbox or a label?

1 Like

You can do that on button text which implies label will also handle them but not sure for textbox hints , moreover android version too play a role in showing those symbols

For example android 4.4 do not show symbol of PI on button text when I tried

Are you sure? I haven’t used the builder for the past 5 months but I’m pretty sure it supported all the Greek language characters. There’s a possibility that the red text boxes inside the block editor might display some letters as � but inside the app it is working fine as long as the font supports Greek.

You can test it if you’d like. Grab any letter you want from here:

Α Β Γ Δ Ε Ζ Η Θ Ι Κ Λ Μ Ν Ξ Ο Π Ρ Σ Τ Υ Φ Χ Ψ Ω
α β γ δ ε ζ η θ ι κ λ μ ν ξ ο π ρ σ ς τ υ φ χ ψ ω

1 Like

Yeah the app support the letter but some android version (old) don’t

and is there any way of displaying math equation in the textfield?integral-formulas

I found this GitHub - jianzhongli/MathView: A library for displaying math formula in Android apps.

However I don’t know if it would be possible to implement it inside your app somehow (maybe an extension or something like that. I have no clue about extensions).

you could try this solution from @Italo here https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mitappinventortest/iTt1u-cYGhc/4aHuGJ8ODAAJ

Taifun

4 Likes