ItoO - Background Tasks [special] 🥳

blocks (1)
blocks (2)

Where are your procedures BackgroundTask and BackgroundWork?
There does not exist a Clock2.timer event, it should be Clock2 Timer

Taifun

blocks (2)
blocks (1)

What exactly is that radio link?

Some observations:

• you should rename your procedure Background to BackgroundTask and add an argument x, also you forgot to initialize the Clock component. .
    Evaluate but ignore result Clock1
    And give the procedure you are registering another name, for example timer

• you might want to study these blocks Open Source • Background Tasks: Itoo - #155 by Patryk_F - Extensions - MIT App Inventor Community

• And: don’t forget to setup the timer event handler… the question however is, what exactly are you trying to do there?

Taifun

that my radio works in the background without stopping

See this rhread

Taifun

this foreground works well, but how to do it without seeing the blocks

what about reading the complete thread?
here is an example project ExoPlayer stutters / stops after screen turns off or in background - #14 by himalayanxtiger
Taifun

Thank you its working with : ursai2keepalive

1 Like

Hello can you tell me how to set loop process from this extension like i made a simple investment app and i want to add users daily return from users databse with this extension and my database in mysql and i want to sent notification for that like daily return is 5 ruppee and this message is daily show even user app not open repeatly bases is it possible please reply ?

you can do it with the alarmmanager extension in combination with Itoo…

see the sunset example there

Taifun

Hello,
i have a problem with start the process in background.
If call the web1.get from button its works ( i see the get request on the server)
but in the process background the requast not run
where am I wrong?
i would like to run the request every minute and update the label with response content

Sorry for my English and thanks forward

Your event name should be Clock1.Timer

Taifun

Can I create multiple Tasks? “CreateProcess”
I need to create 4 to be called

Why do you think you need that?
What about creating only one process, which triggers one procedure to setup everything you need?

Taifun

(post deleted by author)

Can Any One Guide me Please ,
I want to Run a Procedure Daily before 12 Pm at (11.30pm) , I tried But Failed , Can any one here make an Example Block for me please :pleading_face:

For this usually you use an alarmmanager extension, which supports itoo…

Taifun

I am getting the following error when Initiating: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'int.java.lang.Integer.intValue()' on a null object reference

afbeelding

you are using an older version of Itoo… use the current version

Taifun