Keystore password

Hello, I want to ask about the keystore password code. I searched in the community and found it android, but it does not work and says it is incorrect, what is the solution?

This is the password :key:

@Anil_M
What is the solution?

If you did not change your key password it should be android. Nothing wrong.

What happens when you remove the paranthesis () in the keystore file name by changing the keystore file name?

May be the keystore name is invalid.

Rename it to android.keystore and try again.

If you have renamed it to android.keystore but still encounters this error, follow these steps to change your key password. Watch out because this is dangerous.

I assume you have installed Java on your device. This only works for the first time for a keystore file, meaning that if you previously updated a keystore file with this method, you will have to delete the keystore, re-export the keystore, and try again.

1. In a command prompt, run this command. Replace A with your keystore alias (default is set to androidkey) and B with the path to your keystore. Notice there are no quote marks in the path.

keytool -keypasswd -alias A -keystore B

2. You will be asked to enter your keystore password. The default keystore password is android. After entering, hit Enter to proceed.

3. You will then be asked to enter your new key password. This must be longer than 5 characters. Enter it and hit Enter to proceed.

4. You will then be asked to re-enter your new key password. Enter it and hit Enter to proceed.

Done.

Note: you will not be able to see what you are entering for the keystore password and your new key password, because Oracle decided this must be hidden due to security. You can still type though, just type carefully.

@The_K_Studio
@Gordon_Lu

Do you see the difference between Keystore Password and Key Password

bild

Edit, oops they are the same :grinning: :smiley: :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:

Btw, which page is this you are trying to do this on

I have already provided a solution to change the key password.

If you like, send me the keystore file in PM (upload it to Google Drive and send me the link), tell me the new password that you want to change to, and I’ll change it for you.

I modified the Androidminfaist file, and now I need sign apk and abb to publish the app

I used the keystore for my account and I noticed that the password is wrong, and I tried using the keystore for another account of mine and I used android and indeed the password is correct, is there any harm if I use the keystore for another account

Has anyone modified the keystore that is in my account now?

@Boban
@The_K_Studio
@Gordon_Lu
@Anil_M

This method is a bit too difficult for some users

(please don’t tag people, it’s extremely annoying)

Yes, so that’s why I offered to change it for him.

Doubt that

Please do not tag people, if anyone know the solution they will reply.

1 Like