List of strings

I have a CSV with the following TEXT data:

0100,0101,010B, 010C

When I create list from that CSV I get 100,101,010B and 010C in that list as field without letters seems to be considered as numbers and leading zero is removed.

I looked but not found how to force all fields to stay as text in the list… I tried with single and double quoted fields and get same result.
Field definition:

and I use that to create list:

Any suggestion would be appriciated… :slight_smile:

Thanks Alex

Try this :point_down: snippet from @Taifun

How to get leading zeros in App Inventor

2 Likes

Shouldn’t be happening…

What are you doing to individual list items further down the line?

3 Likes

that represents two hex numbers. 0100 means actualy 0x01 and 0x00 but formated to be ready for sending via BT to OBD.

I have exactly the same solution… First empty list PID_List, then init allPIDStore as a list of all PIDs (for a search purposes) and then I create list… and fail… By my opinion it should work 100% with double quted fields…

that is how I use the list. Counter runs through all PIDs and depending on settings I add control characters at the end of the string

br Alex

ps.
Yes I know I could simply check direct in IF without extra looking for true :slight_smile:

Eh… stupid error… I mean it was not error at all. I log those values to see if all is ok. And there was an error as I opened log file on android with google … there I lost leading zero not in the app.

Sorry for bothering you with that and thanks for support.

Alex

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.