Makeroid, the Present, and the Future

Dear users
When we released the first few previews of the Makeroid builder, little had we expected it to be used by a staggering 17k users in a span of just 6 months. From a few hundred to the seventeen thousand Makeroid’ers we have today, the journey has been nothing but phenomenal. We’ve had something to learn and share along every step of the way throughout the entire process. Our growth has been more than linear, quality better than the best, and user satisfaction beyond exemplary. Though we have had a few issues with our servers in the past few weeks, the progress so far has been constant and uniform, something which we take great pride in.
None of this would have been possible had it not been for every one of the 17k incredible users who have been a part of the Makeroid family. And to that, we at Makeroid thank all of you for being an amazing and integral part of our platform and community. Your support and feedback has helped us sculpt Makeroid into what it is today.

It gives us immense pleasure to announce the end of our more than successful beta, and the release of a production ready version in the second quarter of 2018. The beta at builder.makeroid.io will be shut down on February 6th, 2018 at midnight UTC. Though we have never really appended a “beta” tag to our builder, it has always been an experimental release, with its share of bugs and issues. The shutdown of a beta was a decision that had been taken long in advance, and we have come to conclude that Makeroid is now ready to move on to the next stage: a full blown production version.

Though we cannot reveal a lot about the new version of Makeroid, we can guarantee that it will incorporate a lot of new components, blocks and changes in the user interface. Also, we will be releasing two new products alongside the builder.

Hoping to see you all on the new side!
The Makeroid Team

28 Likes

Feel free to post any queries or questions you have regarding this :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What about existing apps? Could be exported?

2 Likes

@Vishwas and @Kodular team, everything is a process learning and I am happy to hear that. It demonstrates the maturation not only of Makeroid, but of you all, facing non expected problems and dealing with many changes during this process.
Of course it has a long way to increase, but I have no doubts you have enough knowledge to do what you have to do.
Keep going in the right way.

4 Likes

Yes, once we shut down the builder we will add an option to export all projects back :+1:

2 Likes

So I have to wait the 6th of February or the new version of the builder for the aia of my apps?

No, we will be shutting down builder.makeroid.io on Feb 6.
Once that is done, we will enable an option to export projects

A few months after that in Q2 2018, we will be launching the new builder

But be sure that Makeroid will definitely come back one day, with a 24/7 uptime!

The community will still be turned on providing any type of support you need :wink:

5 Likes

I guess this is the right thing to do. Take the time to setup everything as you would like it to be.

3 Likes

I feel a strange fuzzy warm feeling in me, knowing that I’m a part of this revolution. :smile:

The future looks bright, let’s go there already. :wink:

7 Likes

Hey !
I’m impatient to see that !
But I can’t access to builder and my last save is old… How can I download
my AIA’s ?
Oh, another question… When the stable version will be accessible ?
Immediatly ? And is the sad message “503 OVER QUOTA” will be a bad memory ?
(I hope !)

Bye,

R3M

Send with RCMail app by RCApps, maked thanks to Makeroid !
Envoyé avec l’appli RCMail par RCApps, créée grâce à Makeroid !
makeroid.io http://makeroid.io

1 Like

Did you read the text from vishwas and the rest of the topic. All your questions are answered there.

3 Likes

Waiting for it.My project locked on builder.makeroid.io keep going

1 Like

Sorry, the email was incomplète…

“To export” means that we’ll be able to get the .aia files of all our projects? Or the .apk?

hey bro what do u mean by few months ? will the new version take few months to setup ??

The .aia files.

1 Like

The new version and two more products will undergo rigorous testing, and we will be dedicating a lot of time into developing the same.
We expect to release a more refined, secure and sophisticated product.

The beta we’ve had for the past we months has helped us find the path to making a better Makeroid.

1 Like

i appreciate your time for new version but still is there any idea for the time of new version ?..any rough idea? weeks or months ?