MIT App Inventor Hackathon 2020

Message from the MIT App Inventor team

The MIT App Inventor team is pleased to announce that we will be sponsoring a worldwide hackathon during the week of July 12-18. This hackathon is being held as a substitute to our App Inventor Summit, which unfortunately we have had to cancel due to the ongoing SARS-CoV-2 pandemic. That said, we are really excited about the opportunity for people around the world to compete in a hackathon to make a difference using MIT App Inventor. We have assembled an amazing team of organizers from around the world to help us. Please check out our hackathon website to learn more and register to participate. Registration is open through June 19.

Team up with friends to build apps in MIT App Inventor’s “Hackathon for Good”. Help us celebrate the goal of democratizing app development for all while solving challenging complex problems.

Cheers,
Evan W. Patton and Selim Tezel
Co-chairs, MIT App Inventor Hackathon 2020

22 Likes

Now this is something Interesting…
Thanks @Peter for such Beautiful information

2 Likes

Kodular users are encouraged to take part in this Hackaton and participate as an individual or a team.

Read the Hackaton page carefully and after you want to participate you can use the following link.

7 Likes

So is there any topic on which we have to work…
Or we can create apps with our own ideas…

Everything is explained on the website of the Hackaton.

3 Likes

Ok Thank You Peter…

I am part of the organizing committee so if you have any questions i will try to answer them.

4 Likes

So is there anyone to team up with me.

3 Likes

I have read the page of hackathon, but one question.
Is ther a specific theme for the apps or we can submit whatever we can.

2 Likes

It says …

“Note: We will announce a more specific set of themes for apps at 00:00 GMT on July 12th (20:00 EDT July 11th) at the start of the hackathon.”

4 Likes

means We have to create app based on concept they will provide?? or we have to create app on own idea?

1 Like

They will provide a specific set of themes on which you can make apps.Something like categories we see in app stores.

Just going to register… :sunglasses:

6 Likes

So here theme means category… Is it? because at first i thought that it’s about design… :joy: :joy:

Because its first time i will participate in it…

4 Likes

Lol, I just gave a quick look to the registration form and found “velocirAPPtors”. The next image that came to my mind was… :sweat_smile:

17 Likes

Same here, my also first time also exited :grin:

4 Likes

Yes. Submitted :smiley:

4 Likes

I suppose the app will need to be made in AI2, and other distributions are forbidden, right?

6 Likes

You are 100% right.
Also you can’t use extensions if I am not wrong (It is same as KodeJam).

4 Likes

hi peter did you organise any program like this

2 Likes

No this is the first time I help with organizing something like this.

7 Likes