[Opensource/Testing] QuickShortcuts - Make dynamic and pinned shortcuts

Yes you can run it on all versions. The functions will just not work on a device lower than Android 8

1 Like

where can i download the aix?

You can download it here

1 Like

please add storage images to shortcuts :pray: :pray: :pray:

Any solution to this? I’m getting this on select devices, but not all. I’m trying to get device info for the one that seems to be having issues.

The device I’m having issues with is a Samsung S9 running Android 10.

My workaround was to store the android version number on startup and then use this procedure when checking for existing shortcuts when a page loads. Unfortunately, this will disable the shorcuts for android 10 and under, but the error doesn’t happen.
blocks (2)

Please DM me with your AIA if possible or try replicating it in a demo project. Thanks

Btw, have you tried to call this func to verify that the launcher actually supports pinned shortcuts?

IsPinnedShortcutsSupported

I am currently busy with school projects and might not have time to release a new version, if you have a solution, consider contributing

I will try to test it when I can. Everything worked fine on my device, but it’s someone else’s device that it broke on. I’ll check to see if I can get a test unit and try IsPinnedShortcutsSupported. Unfortunately, I don’t share my AIA since it’s created for the company I work for.

I tried the IsPinnedShortcutsSupported block and still got the error on the S9 with Android 10.

Sorry for the very long wait… I finally have free time and I figured out the problem. It was cause by some APIs I used that was only available on Android 12. I will be publishing an update soon to address the problem

Version 0.3.0
Warning: This release breaks the CreateDynamicShortcut block

New blocks

• Added BuildDynamicShortcut to the extension. Use this along with CreateDynamicShortcut

Changes

• CreateDynamicShortcut now no longer accepts shortcut information directly. Use a list along with BuildDynamicShortcut to pass in information.
  • Fixed IsDynamicShortcutExist and IsPinnedShortcutExist from crashing on devices below SDK 30

Download the extension

Version 0.3.1

Changes

• Fixed crash when a shortcut icon is not specified. The icon will be default to the app icon.

Download the extension

1 Like

Hi, I am getting this error…Why is that?

What about providing a screenshot of your relevant blocks?
Taifun

When button1 clicks, That is, when creating the dynamic shortcuts, the error occurs.

according to the example, shortcuts must be a list

Taifun

tested on xiaomi android 11 and everything works perfect, it’s great. thanks for developing it.

Yeah it works . Thanks…

Also is it possible to get the functions of dynamic icon in app resume? That is, it is working fine when we freshly initialize the screen. But when i click the dynamic icon when the app is just minimized, it is not working. I used the “when screen resume” block for this.