Permisson query: add reason to message

See also here:

http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu/reference/components/social.html#PhoneCall

Thanks for taking a look into it. Always reliable and clear in the language.
see also here: Lets have some fun!

Does my APK (AI2) phonecall2.apk work on your device (which Android version? )?
(I haven’t changed anything in your aia.)

Yes. No permission request. Would be great, if kodular could drop off this permission from the dangerous list.

Unfortunately, the problem is not resolved by removing the unnecessary permissions from the Manifest.

As soon as you add this block:

grafik

the following permissions are also declared in the Manifest (AI2):

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_CALL_LOG"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.PROCESS_OUTGOING_CALLS"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE"/>

This should always be the procedure, how and when permissions are declared and requested.
Namely, whenever they are actually needed (at runtime / ≄ API 23).

Please have a look at this: @Kodular

I use activity starter!

This works without any permissions and and matches my needs.

reason:
from Google:
App rejected!

Issue: Violation of Permissions policy
After reviewing your app, we found that it doesn’t qualify to use the requested permissions for the following reason(s):

Requested permissions do not match core functionality of the app
You declared Default SMS handler (and any other core functionality usage while default handler), Default Phone handler (and any other core functionality usage while default handler) as the core functionality of your app. However, after review, we found that your app does not match the declared use case(s). Learn more about permitted uses and exceptions.
Please either:
‱ Make changes to your app so that it meets the requirements of the declared core functionality or,
‱ Select a use case that matches your app’s functionality

No default handler capability
Default handler capability for Default SMS handler (and any other core functionality usage while default handler), Default Phone handler (and any other core functionality usage while default handler) was listed on your declaration form, but your app does not appear to have default handler capability. Please submit a revised Permissions Declaration Form and/or add default handler capability to your app.

See here:
https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/9888170