PkgUtils : An extension to work with Packages

Great work, clicked on mini url 2 times, and downloaded twice, :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This is the best way of presenting an extension, by explaining in detail what each block does and providing examples. Some of us are old people, and we are a little slow you know? :grin: Thanks!

8 Likes

ChangeLog Version 2

New blocks
Some new blocks have been added:-

Changes/Bug Fixes

• Added filter in ‘InstalledApps’ method
  • Some other minor changes

Thanks to @msr79526 for his tests and advice :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Hi

This uninstallation code is not working. All other code is working fine in MIT App Inventor,

Hi @Vinod_Kotiya Welcome to Kodular Community
Since I have not tested that method on all android versions so I am not sure on which versions it will not work.
Can you provide more details?

2 Likes

@vknow360 Please add this permission to the Manifest, to be able to uninstall package from devices with API > 28:

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.REQUEST_DELETE_PACKAGES"/>

See here:

https://developer.android.com/reference/android/Manifest.permission

4 Likes

Thank you @bodymindpower :heart_eyes:
I will try to fix it as soon as possible :+1:

2 Likes

Great, and also add this permission:

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.REQUEST_INSTALL_PACKAGES"/>

to install package on devices with API > 25.

1 Like

Thank you.

I have already added all necessary permissions and just going to test it :smile:

1 Like

ChangeLog Verson 3

Changes

• Added necessary permissions in extension
    Thanks to @bodymindpower
  • Fixed grammar and spelling mistakes
  • Some internal changes to reduce aix size (16.1 > 14.2 KB)
3 Likes

Great service, updating so quickly. :+1:

7 Likes

It is one of the best extension developers :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

vknow360 Anke Hi, Thanks for your support. I am affraid. It is still not working. I tried new AIX, source code attached here.
Sunny this uninstall instruction is unresponsive. Hope you can find the glitch or give proper sample code. Thanks.
uninstall (4).aia (15.2 KB)

You might need to build your app, as those permissions above won’t work in companion

2 Likes

Eureka… Now it worked… as pointed out by Boban i should build it. It wont work in companion. Thanks anke, Taifun vknow360 here is final code… must built it to run…

uninstall (5).aia (15.2 KB)

1 Like

Of course not with Companion, because the permission ( REQUEST_DELETE_PACKAGE S) is not declared in Companion (apk).

And as I already said in the AI2 forum, you cannot uninstall a pre-installed system app (like YouTube). There is no problem to unintall all other apps.

Btw, if you post the same story also in the AI2 forum , then at least let us know.

Note: InstallApp does not seem to work on Android > 5:

grafik

un_installAPK.apk (9.9 MB)

See also here:

Hi

Can you send me the logcat?

It’s likely not an issue with their device. It’s your method that you are using.

@bodymindpower can you try the method I used in my extension? If it works for you I’ll hand over the snippet. It works on Android O for me.