Playstore email address

I apologize if this has been asked and answered. My search came up null.

I wonder if it is possible to automatically get the email address for the phone holder who installed the app. I know the Playstore is just an ID and not an email. There are a few ways to try to hack it, or guess it, and I am wondering if anything has been done for that as an extension or a hack on AI2 platforms.

Reason: I have a report that is generated by the user, and I want to be able to email it to them. From a UX perspective I want to ask as few questions as possible.

I can’t find this anywhere, and would love pointers, or suggestions. @hammerhai Maybe this could be in your Hosts app. getPhoneOperatorPrimaryeMail

1 Like

You can use Google Account Picker component. This will show a dialog which you can select Google Account from device. Getting email address without dialog is not possible because user can have multiple Google accounts in device.

2 Likes

I got confused because of accountName, however after testing, it works and is perfect for what I need.

2 Likes

Are you in dire need of assistance? Did you see my speeches about not mentioning me unless you actually need me?

If not, I’ll direct you to them:

Nathan,

Sorry I did not read every thread and notice your unique request not to be @mentioned

It is a very unusual and self centred demand that I would not have expected from a senior contributor on this forum.

That being said, per your request I shall refrain from reaching out to you again, mentioning you again, or recommending you again.

3 Likes

Oh I didn’t say that. I said unless you’re in dire need of assistance and no one else could possibly help you, then mention me. But, don’t go into every topic and mention mem that’s all I was simply asking.

Very unusual, yes. Self centered, you know what, nice thought because it’s true.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.