Precision drawing problem in Canvas

Hello dear friends. (I apologize in advance to all of you for my poor English.) Before reporting my problem to you, I must say that I have done a lot of research and experimentation. But unfortunately I couldn’t get any results. Sorry. My problem (as seen in the video) arises when drawing. No drawing occurs on the screen until the line reaches a certain size. Your ideas on how to fix this problem will help me a lot. I thank you all in advance. :pray:

1 Like

Show your relevant blocks.

Thank you very much for your interest @deanart2012. Here are the blocks:

Am I imagining things or are those App Inventor blocks?

Right @deanart2012 . These are App Inventor blocks. But the blocks in Kodular are exactly the same as the blocks in App Inventor. (I first started making the application in Kodular; when I encountered the problem I described above, I wanted to try it in App Inventor as well.)

What do you think about the problem? Is there anything that can be done?

The pair (startX, startY) indicates where theuser first touched the screen
try by changing prevX, prevY with startX, startY

Thank you very much for your interest, @Jinx . When I changed the blocks as you said, I encountered the situation seen in the video.

The blocks:

The video:

Basically my problem is that the drawing doesn’t start as soon as I touch the screen. And I suppose that this precision unfortunately seems to be absent in Kodular.

Let me get some solution till then please wait !

After a lot of research i am concluding there is no other way to do it other that this :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive:

App Inventor canvas is imprecise that’s true. It’s because every component which is Android Object is simplified.

Thank you very much for spending your precious time to solve my problem @Jinx :pray:

1 Like

I understand. So, do you think there is any cheat or any extension to solve my problem @HeyAveHey ?

I don’t know any. It seems like dragging event listener kicks in after dragging (there’s treshold of distance, when listener starts to work) some pixels further than start. Your problem is not precision related. The same issue happens with other extension with the same listener.

All right. Thank you all for your ideas and for your time. :pray: Good work to you all.

Hello dear friends. I’ve been thinking a lot about this issue. I finally found a solution that works for me. (I wanted to share the solution I found, in case it might be useful to someone.)

The extension here solved my problem. :point_down:

Thank you very much Zhangzqs for this extension.

Also, I have made the drawings more beautiful by taking advantage of the valuable information here. :point_down:

Thank you very much Ansh_AnandNightmare for the useful information here.

Now I start drawing as soon as I touch the screen. Here is the video. :point_down:

For those who want to try the application, the apk file of the application is below. :point_down:
CanvasDraw.apk (5.2 MB)

The blocks for the application are as follows. :point_down:

The app works great for me as it stands. I hope it will be useful for others as well.

I wish everyone a nice day.

4 Likes

Nice to hear this that you got your solution . Keep smiling and Keep :kodular:oding

1 Like

Thank you very much @Jinx for your motivational comment. :pray: :innocent:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.