Pro camera: The pro custom camera‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌

android version 7.0

yeah, that’s right maybe 2nd issue

You could try checking if all the permissions are allowed (just to confirm).

Go to app settings → Permissions → Check the permissions

Yeah, thanks for your help I’ll try again…

have you extension or method for take picture automatically after take a picture with this camera extension ? in phone memory storage (storage/emulated/0…)

Yes it’s possible to do it but it would just crash the app. It’s possible to do in a loop until the app crashes, so I’ll not recommend it to do it.

I’m a teacher, I have a project to make an online exam, I need the camera to secretly take a photo of my participant and upload the photo directly to my google drive

1 Like

That’s awesome :grin:

Why don’t you use the normal camera of the App to record the video directly? Or like screen record? That would be nice than storing hundreds of photos which is not an efficient way. You could record the video directly then convert to images…

Oh God, why didn’t I think of that, that’s a great idea !

The extension available front camera?

I’ll try… Thank you so much

1 Like

Yes, my extension can switch between the front and the back camera.

Well, we students make more mistakes than teachers.
:grin:

Have a nice day!

:grin: yeah

can you give me example some blocks from your extension after “take a picture” and then automatically upload to google drive ?

have a nice day too

You can use these blocks to take a picture, I do not know much about uploading to google drive :sweat_smile:

This is my old blog with the AIA to upload images, you may get an idea from it (I’m using a free extension) but it’s said it no longer works.

Thanks for a great extension. On both my devices, a Google pixel 3a and a OnePlus 7T both Android 11, I had to manually go into settings and allow the permissions for the camera and storage before it worked. I am using your example code. Also on both my devices the type-front displays the rear camera and the type-rear displays the front camera.

I would like to do a CCTV type app that sends low-quality video from one phone to another via my local LAN. I did an app like this years ago, but it uses the original camera library which is no longer supported.

Is there a way to get a bitmap or JPEG preview image from the frame (vertical layout) into a byte array variable that can be sent over the network to another device?

Thanks.

Yes, this is possible to be done. You can use any extension (other) which will return the byte values in a list that you can send over networks. But it may lag a bit because the list size will be too high.

Thanks for your reply.

I’m not super knowledgeable in using App Inventor. Do you know what code (blocks) would be used in order to read the byte data from the frame (vertical arrangement)?

I agree it would lag terribly if I used the full-sized preview image from the camera. What I did previously was I was able to reduce the preview image size to, for example, 640x480. This was using the original camera library. From what I can tell the camera2 library will use the frame size to reduce the size of the preview image – so if I set the vertical arrangement frame size to 640x480 hopefully it will reduce the preview image size (this is all just a guess).

Thanks.

You should ask the questions in the community of the builder you use. Builders are much to different. The developer of the extension is also present in that community.

Nice extension @Xoma, Keep :kodular:oding

how can i get captureButton.click event

There is no capture button. You have two blocks that are TakePicture and TakePreviewPicture.

Hi Xoma, awesome extension, keep coding!
By the way, is possible to add an event for motion capture?
Greetings from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
David

Hi, sorry, I don’t know if it is possible.

Can there be modes for photography like landscape and potrait?
Because currently all pictures I take are being saved in landscape while I click them in Vertical.