Rush • A new and improved way of building extensions

Means there should not be any space between these two words

1 Like

I have noticed that android.jar in the dev-deps folder is targeting API 29. Will you update it to android 30?

I am getting desugaring issues when using the latest version as one class in the library depends on api 30 which causes desugaring issues. Plus both appinventor and kodular now target android 10 so it wont be a huge issue (I guess).

The android.jar will be updated with the next release, but I’m not certain about when the next release is gonna land. Best you can do for right now is to manually update it to the desired SDK version.

4 Likes

I have already updated the android.jar file to fix the issue. Thanks.

Is this due to error in my code or something else:-

┌ Checking project files
│ info Checking metadata file (rush.yml)
│ info Checking AndroidManifest.xml file
└ done
┌ Compiling sources
│ info Picked 1 source file
└ failed

• Build failed [21ms]

Check that you have:

• JDK installed and correctly set up.
  • No whitespace in your extension’s base directory’s path.

I had just rested my pc after that i installed java 1.8

I had also checked java -version

java version “1.8.0_301”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_301-b09)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.301-b09, mixed mode)

Tell me what i did wrong here

Check this also

I have found solution i just moved the java path var to top

But now its not recognizing rush

Will you please share the pic of your Environmental Variables

Is it applicable for drive name too?

Its not showing the actual way of showing path but showing something like this
`

%JAVA_HOME%\bin;%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;%ANT_HOME%\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\OpenSSH;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;

`

Edit:- Problem solved

Are you using rush or something else

Remember that you’re on a community forum and you’re supposed to tell the community how you solved your problem instead of just saying that. This helps others with same problem.

3 Likes

why showing this error. i’m not any changes with Pitagoras.java

error code :

Compiling sources
│ info Picked 2 source files
│ erro src\com\Pitagoras\PitagorasTest.java:3: package org.junit.jupiter.api does not exist
│ import static org.junit.jupiter.api.Assertions.*;
│ ^
│ erro src\com\Pitagoras\Pitagoras.java:44: cannot find symbol
@SimpleProperty(category = PropertyCategory.BEHAVIOR)
│ ^
│ symbol: method category()
│ location: @interface SimpleProperty
│ erro src\com\Pitagoras\Pitagoras.java:49: cannot find symbol
@SimpleProperty(category = PropertyCategory.BEHAVIOR)
│ ^
│ symbol: method category()
│ location: @interface SimpleProperty
│ Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx1024m
└ failed

• Build failed [1s 962ms] [3 errors]
PS C:\Users\hp\Desktop\cardview\pitagoras>

Hi @Edu_boy , It seems that you’re doing all things blindly. You have just copied the code and pasted in your file without knowing it. I will suggest to understand the code first that you have copied from wherever. And you couldn’t use @DesignerComponent and @SimpleObject in rush as you must provide these details in metadata file(rush.yml), you could find it here. You should read the first post closely to understand the rush or you can refer to the wiki.

2 Likes

Yes sorry i should have told this so, i just reinstalled rush and it started recognizing it was maybe problem with path var

how i solved this problem

2 Likes

Hey shreyash, I deleted a class file (not the main extension one) but rush is including the deleted file with the compiled extension also. I can confirm this issue, just create a new project with one dummy class to test, once build it, and everything is okay, now after deleting the dummy file, the class is still getting compiled along, not sure this is an issue from my side or from rush.

Apparently, it’s Rush. But for the time being, rebuilding with the -r (--release) flag should fix this.

1 Like