Rush • A new and improved way of building extensions

Great! All you’ll have to do is build Rush on your Mac. Here’s how you can do that:

• First, install the Dart SDK, JDK 8 or above, and Gradle.
  • After that clone rush-cli and rush-annotation-processor from GitHub.
  • Then open a terminal in the rush-cli repo and then run dart scripts/build.dart -v 1.0.0-Mac -p <path_to_rush-annotation-processor_repo.
  • Once the build is successful, you’ll have a file named rush.zip in the “build/out” directory in rush-cli repo.
4 Likes

Rush doesn’t want to start

Hello @samuelbeloni,

Can you explain what’s happen?

I have installed rush, but when i launch it,he closes immediately.

Rush is not a GUI application. You need to run it through a terminal app. This is explained in detail in the first post. Do read it.

4 Likes

i think @samuelbeloni is opening rush.exe inside the bin folder

@Shreyash I havent tried it yet but does rush support lamba expressions as these were added in java 8 ??

1 Like

i also want to know does it support lamda

No, currently Rush doesn’t support Java 8 language features like lambdas. But it’s already on the roadmap and will be available in future. :wink:

5 Likes

:sparkles: Version 1.0.1 :sparkles:

This release brings a few new features to Rush and fixes some bugs that were reported by users since the initial release.

Below is a quick changelog of everything that’s fixed/added in this version.
An exclamation (:exclamation:) in front of a note means it is a critical change.

What’s new

• :exclamation: Rush is now also available for macOS and Linux.

• :exclamation: It is now possible to pack non-related Java packages with the extension as long as they are inside the src directory.

• With this feature, you can now have multiple packages inside the src directory and all of them will be available in your extension.
    • This is a Rush exclusive feature.
  • Added a new field, release/optimize to rush.yml. It indicates whether or not to optimize the extension when building with the -r flag.

release:
      optimize: true

• Some other small changes.

Fixes

• :exclamation: Fixed the issue where Rush won’t work with some terminal apps, like, CMD on Windows.

• :exclamation: Fixed the issue where <extension>.aix was not being produced because of spaces in one of the parent directory’s names.

• Fixed the issue where the build would be successful even if some step failed to complete.

• Fixed the issue where an incorrect package would be produced in some cases.

Installation

If you’ve Rush already installed on your system, follow the below steps to update it to the latest version, i.e., v1.0.1.

• Delete your previous Rush installation.

• All you need to do for this is navigate to the place where you unpacked rush.zip and then delete the rush directory and all of its contents.
  • After that, do a fresh installation of Rush.

For Linux and macOS users, installation guidelines can be found here.

Feedback

For all the types of feature requests and bug reports, file an issue on GitHub.

Cheers,
Shreyash

8 Likes

I have remove all previous files and installed the new files. But I get the following issue :

1 Like

Ah, I thought I fixed it. There’s nothing to worry about. Just don’t run rush -v. I’ll fix it tomorrow. :+1:

4 Likes

I guess the file path being checked here is not correct. It should be \bin\build_info (Maybe)

1 Like

I’d like to bring to your notice that release v1.0.1 had some minor issues that caused the build to failed with random errors. This issue is fixed now, but if you have had updated Rush before 2021-03-24T13:21:00Z, I urge you to please re-update it. :pray:

I apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused.

7 Likes

please any 1 share demo project to learn… thank you.

1 Like

:point_down: :point_down: :point_down:

I recieve this error:

Build initialized

┌ Validating project files

│ OKAY Metadata file (rush.yml)

│ OKAY AndroidManifest.xml file
└ Done
┌ Compiling Java files
└ Done
┌ Processing extension files
│ ERR Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NullPointerException
│ at java.io.StringReader.(Unknown Source)
│ at shaded.org.json.JSONTokener.(JSONTokener.java:94)
│ at shaded.org.json.JSONArray.(JSONArray.java:162)
│ at io.shreyash.rush.ExtensionGenerator.main(ExtensionGenerator.java:50)
└ Failed

• Build failed

Well Done! I don’t know how to make extensions but this makes me want to learn how to!
Also, 100th reply!

2 Likes

[quote=“marco_tanzi, post:129, topic:111470”]
[/quote]That error is not coming from Rush but in your java file review lines 50, 94, 162 again

It looks like the annotation processor was unable to compile your extension source file, and hence, didn’t generated the required info files.

Can you please confirm if you’ve have JDK version 1.8 or above installed and that you’ve JAVA_HOME PATH variable defined?

1 Like