Save .txt > Upload FTP

I wan’t to save a info.txt to the App Directory - then upload to FTP

I use the TaifunFTP Extension - it works great, but since the android update it doesn’t work.

you can use kodular ftp component

kodular ftp don’t work - can’t connect to FTP
but the FTP is ok, with TaifunFTP i can create a Directory

Now i make a test like this.

Connection - works
Disconnect - works
write file - works

But i can’t “check directory” and can’t upload file

what exactly does not work?
to save a file in the ASD - application specific directory using the file component?
to upload the file from there to the ftp server?
please elaborate
which error message do you get?

Taifun

Save the File to ASD works without problems.

Upload, didn’t work - the FTP-Modul cant find the test.txt file

Which Android version are you using for your tests?
Do you have the problem only while using the companion app? Or also after building using the apk file?

Taifun

Maybe you need to provide complete file path.

I test always with the APK File.
I use Android 11

now i see the error:
/storage/emulated/0/test.txt: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory)

Now i found a solution:

now i see the error:
/storage/emulated/0/test.txt: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory)
Now i found a solution:

Did you find a solution?
Unfortunately the solution is not showing up in my browser – just the quote for my original message.

Could you repost your solution?

Barry.

i use this ASD extension to make the correct filename.

Thanks for your reply. But again, I don’t think your complete message is showing up in my browser because you mention an extension but there is no link to or mention of the extension provided???

Are you, by chance, referring to the EFile extension (de.bodymindpower.GetASD.aix). I’m using that also. It gives me the correct ASD and I am able to create a text file using this extension in the ASD, but unfortunately it does not have FileExists or FileDelete methods. In order to get those two methods I use the built-in Storage-File blocks. When I use the built-in blocks with the generated ASD from EFile, it reports “File not Found”. I’ve also tried a bunch of different ways of specifying the file in the ASD (using sdcard, file://, and a few other things), but I’m not able to access my ASD from the Kodular blocks.

Barry.

yes this: https://community.kodular.io/uploads/short-url/ukWffohNW6auVmStXSeyK9jooG9.aix

for me it works like that:
Image 7

1 Like

Thanks.
I see from searching above in this thread that the FTP you’re using is the TaifunFTP not the built-in Kodular FTP?

Barry.

Correct - with the Kodular FTP it doesn’t work for me

1 Like

Hi @BATech,

If something isn’t working for you properly, file a bug report by creating a new topic! This will ensure it gets into the right hands and is fixed in a timely manner.

Profoundly,

:octopus: Nathan

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.