Security Exception App Crash

Hello all,

I have been receiving this error since September 15 after I updated my app and wondering what it is in regards to:
Capture

I have looked over the recent issues regarding crashes and their solutions and have tried a few but so far nothing has worked. The latest thing I have done is remove Unity ads but the app hasn’t updated yet on the play store so i’m not sure if thats the cause.

Components I used:
Firebase database, TextUtils extension and the rest are basic components such as buttons, labels, notifier, activity started etc.

I have looked over the components that are known to be causing issues and took the steps shown to fix them.

Stack Trace
java.lang.SecurityException:
at android.os.Parcel.createExceptionOrNull (Parcel.java:2385)
at android.os.Parcel.createException (Parcel.java:2369)
at android.os.Parcel.readException (Parcel.java:2352)
at android.os.Parcel.readException (Parcel.java:2294)
at com.android.internal.telephony.ITelephony$Stub$Proxy.getNetworkTypeForSubscriber (ITelephony.java:8768)
at android.telephony.TelephonyManager.getNetworkType (TelephonyManager.java:3706)
at android.telephony.TelephonyManager.getNetworkType (TelephonyManager.java:3670)
at com.unity3d.services.core.connectivity.ConnectivityMonitor.connectionStatusChanged (ConnectivityMonitor.java:162)
at com.unity3d.services.core.connectivity.ConnectivityNetworkCallback.onCapabilitiesChanged (ConnectivityNetworkCallback.java:48)
at android.net.ConnectivityManager$NetworkCallback.onAvailable (ConnectivityManager.java:3793)
at android.net.ConnectivityManager$CallbackHandler.handleMessage (ConnectivityManager.java:4073)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage (Handler.java:106)
at android.os.Looper.loop (Looper.java:246)
at android.os.HandlerThread.run (HandlerThread.java:67)

Any help would be appreciated and let me know of anything else that would be usefull information here.

Did you went through this :point_down: topic? Maybe there you can find some solution

2 Likes

Yes I have looked through that post and did the recommended methods.

What kind of components do you have

Complete list is:
Firebase database, Unity intersitial, Text box, Activity Starter, Clock, Notifier, TinyDB, Arrangements, Labels, Buttons. Also TextUtils extension. There is nothing else used in the app.

I believe the culprit is Unity ads since I found this from the unity forum which seems like my issue:
https://forum.unity.com/threads/building-with-android-11-results-in-runtime-crash.920309/

I think the AdMob component is the cause too. My app crashed on some of the screens, but after removing the AdMob component, the screen is able to load. I am not sure whether I must delete the component or fulfilling all of its properties (because Ad Unit ID is blank) to solve the crash.

After removing the Unity Ads intersitial component the crashes have stopped. I believe this is a bug with the new update in terms of the permisions required by the ad service.

1 Like

mine was also crashing and interistial unity was the culprit. had to remove the application to work. now I wonder are we not going to earn more with ads?

1 Like

I’m getting a shower of errors too, all with android 11, api30

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.