Sharing to a Kodular application

Hi,

Please, do you know if it’s possible to share files/messages with an app developed with Kodular?. (The opposite what the component Sharing does)

Thanks,
Jose

2 Likes

It would be good if you share some blocks for what you are trying to do

I have no code yet. I would like to develop an app that can receive a PDF file in order to be printed after with a receipt. But currently I’m trying to know if the app can receive this kind of files

2 Likes

Without the blocks no one will understand what you are trying to do
But look at this I think you are looking for this

This is not exactly what I want to do. The general workflow is:

simpleWF

As you can see, the app has to receive (via sharing function) a PDF file and after show the PDF the app could print the PDF and/or the receipt

1 Like

Currently, it is not possible to use Kodular app for these actions. Because Kodular can’t know what is your app’s purpose. In short - this is not possible.

For example; You added a WebView to your app and you want to see your app in Android’s Share with… dialog. But adding a WebView, won’t converts your app to Browser.

4 Likes

Ok. Understood. Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

No problem. :innocent: Don’t forget to mark as a solution if your problem is solved. :sweat_smile:

I had thought of an idea to introduce “App Types”. This is what I wrote in my ToDo list:

Play with intent filters in manifest in the compiler to set the type of app

APP TYPES

• Game
  • Browser
  • File manager
  • Music Player

I didn’t have the time to do proper research though. So it won’t be coming in the near future.

3 Likes