Side Menu Layout1 take to many blocks

What am I missing here? The Kodular side menu component just seems like its either half done or was not though out well.

Creating a menu initially takes several more blocks then Andres_Cotes side bar extension but once it’s created it does work fine with simple menu’s. However once you try and use the Kodular side menu with variable menu items or menu’s that display content based on variables all of a sudden the number of blocks it takes for the kodular menu to do the equivalent of what Andres_Cotes extension does just gets out of hand.

I have to first remove each item from the side menu list before I can repopulate the list with new items. Because there is a Kodular extension for the side menu and also blocks in the screen menu it makes me wonder if both of these are still incomplete?

I would honestly just prefer to keep using Andres_Cotes extension but it’s not compatible in the companion with my Pixel 3 running Android 10. If I build the app it works fine but that’s not something I’m going to have to deal with every time I want to test anything with the side menu.

There must be a better way to deal with the side menu than having to add each item to the menu 1 by 1 and then having to remove each item 1 by 1 when I want to change what the menu displays.

1 Like