Name to Material Icon Block

Hi, I am creating a menu using side menu layout component. This menu has only common icons (already available by default as icons at any android device) like settings and search. So I would like to use these material icons instead of uploading assets exactly equal to those already available.
This resource was made available for buttons months ago: Button with Icon (Material)

I think it could be expanded to side menu and others components that could would benefit with these icons. For example, list view with images, notifier, etc.

1 Like

Or may be create a block (I forgot the most correct word for that, that’s why i made it in paint :joy::sweat_smile:) like this, which could be placed at any component who use images as icon, background etc:

1 Like

Maybe custom font for icons?

1 Like

I didn’t understand you.

For example, you can only use the default Material Icons, is there anyway we can change that?

2 Likes

No, the problem is exactly that currently is not possible to use the default material icons with any other component than buttons.

But I think I am misunderstanding you again because if I remember correctly you were the one who suggested this option to use material icons to buttons, so you know it already.

I changed title for better understanding :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like