Slider in intervals of ten

I’ve been searching for this for a minute and have had no luck (which is weird IMO). I need to use a slider to select a number within a range, but I need it to be in intervals.

Brief explanation. I need to give mix rates for dilution into gallons of water and have varying machines that have different sized tanks and I need to make the selection in intervals of 10 gallons for one machine and then intervals of 1 for the others. I know how to edit the min/max of the slider as well as the default… but I don’t see a way to make it in intervals of 10. Any help would be provided.

I’m trying to do it this way. with the Current step variable as either 1 or 10 depending on the tank being used.

The companion slows to a crawl though.

Okay, I think I got it. I stopped updating the thumb postition and it’s not all laggy. It still seems like something that should be part of the component to me though.

Have you tried looking for what you want in this extension maybe it will help you :man_shrugging:
Actually I don’t understand what you want :sweat_smile: but I said maybe this extension can help you

I was looking for the slider to just chose numbers with a set interval (tens) so 100, 110, 120, 130, etc… I thought that might be something I was just missing instead of having to code for it. This is an app for field technicians and they custom mix products in the field. Each product has a different mix rate and each type of machine has different sized tasks and spray rates.

I wound up just letting the slider do what it does and then do the math to populate a label that only shows those intervals and it seems to be working, even though it feels like a work around to me.

Then . what is the problem ?

I guess nothing? I just thought I was missing something I guess.

:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :man_facepalming:

It just feels like the slider should have that ability without me having to create a whole procedure to make it count in multiples of tens or fives or something.

1 Like

Yes I think so

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.