Sounboard app - 2 questions

Hello, I’m new here, switched from thunkable - makeroid fits me better. Welcome all members.
Making soundboard app - it will have about 50 buttons connected with sounds.

Problem no 1
In my phone’s “sound effects” properties I have checked “touch sound”. When I click icons, navigate in the system etc. I can hear this “touch” sound. Of course I can disable it in phone’s settings, but don’t want to.
In my soundboard app, when I click the button, BEFORE sound is played, I can hear (for few miliseconds) this touch/click sound.
The question is - can I disable this sound programatically in my app (globally - per application, not per button) with makeroid? if yes, how? I know it’s doable in android in general, but in makeroid? Using ActivityStarter somehow?

Problem no 2
I am trying to make my app as compact and maintainable as possible - using lists, loops etc.
The problem is with button’s click() method.
Do I really have to use 50 instances of “when” (“when Button1.click do something”, “when Button2.click do something”…) or is there better way for handling many buttons? It’s doable in java with OnClickListener, but I really have no idea how to do it in makeroid:(
Any help much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Beeria

Unfortunately, yes

what a pity:(
any chance in the future for extension solving this problem, like adding new “brick” which could be connected with “if” statement for example? like “if button (select from connected list) clicked”, or something like this.
Any suggestion for solving problem number 1?

1 Like

I found this:

Maybe @Kodular can integrate it in an existing component

1. We already have a audio component.
  2. The link does not help in this case because we already can do that with the audio component.
  3. I know a way to integrate the sound On/off feature

Mika
Makeroid Developer

We already have a audio component.
The link does not help in this case because we already can do that with the audio component.
I know a way to integrate the sound On/off feature

Hi Mika, thanks for the hint.
“call Audio1. Ringer Mode Silent” does the trick, but it’s not the perfect solution. It mutes at the same time:

• ringer sound,
  • notification sound,
  • “reaction to touch and system” sounds,
  • other sounds are unmuted which is fine…

The problem is, when the user “kills” the app - after that sound settings remain as in application and has to bring them back manually as they were before.

I’ve tried something like this:
when Button1.click
call Audio1. Ringer Mode Silent
call Sound1.Play
call Audio1. Ringer Mode Normal

…but then sometimes it works as it should (I don’t hear “tap” sound), and sometimes it’s not.
I could probably add something like time.sleep(200) in java between mode silent and play or between play and mode normal, but it’s not good and elegant solution.
Any suggestions?

I added following things to the audio component:

• SoundEffectsEnabled
  • IsSoundEffectsEnabled

You can use the blocks together with any component you want.

You can add this new block then on screen initialize and set sound to false.
Available after next component release.

3 Likes

FANTASTIC!
I’ll test it for sure when it’s ready.

1 Like

You can create a layout with 10 buttons and a “NEXT” and a “BACK” button to simulate a screen. And if the user clicks on “NEXT”, then you just have to change the image / text of the button and a variable to know which sound is on which screen. You could do that with lists.

Example:

Global variable List
       make a list
               10 sound paths
               10 sound paths
               10 sound paths
               10 sound paths

I hope you understood me otherwise I could create an example AIA

@BeeriaApps This should be an alternative for you. There are many ways to build it, but I have chosen this way, even if it looks a bit too much. It is only for understanding.

LimitedButtons.aia (7,5 KB)

LimitedButtons.apk (4,4 MB)

I hope I could help you a bit

1 Like

Hi @Ka_Fa
Very nice solution!
However i prefer 1 big scrolling list with buttons in my case.
Thank you for sharing aia and idea. For sure I’ll use it in my other projects.

Best Regards,
Beeria

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.