Start Viewflipper in a selected item of list

Hi everyone!

I would to know how can I start the Viewflipper in a selected item of list.
And how can I stop the flip when arrive on first or last image.

Thanks for your help!!

My blocks:

You are using the default view pager of kodular?

Yes. The Viewflipper component.

use this.

that has an event that was return index. & you can set selected item

1 Like

It’s a really nice extension. But i would like to use the View Flipper component, because I don’t wanna transitions effects of images in my app.

I want to start in image 3 and choose the other images clicking buttons and stopping the loop in the first or last image:

Another question: how to disable the option to change images clicking in visible image in this View Flipper component?

If anybody know other way to do this, please tell me.

Have you tried anything ?

1 Like

I I tried to make the View Flipper initialize in “image 3” and to call “Show Next” and “Show Previous”, but I did not know to do the blocks. :confused:

1 Like

Thanks for this example. The images are working fine and the buttons too.
Now, the questions are:

1. How initialize the screen on image 3 of list of View Flipper?
  2. Clicking in button “previous”, the images going to appear one by one until image 1, ok. But if I continue clicking in “previous”, the image 5 appear, making a loop. This happen with button “next” too. How can I stop this loop?

There is no such provision in the default blocks. If you have list of images then decide which one to show first and bring it to the first. Do not enable auto start.

then you have to use block like this. I have tried with three images.
When screen init, images will see. But there will not be autoplay. Only mannual. I hope you can understand the blocks

1 Like

That’s right! I imagined!

Great! I understood your reasoning and your blocks arrangement.
Now, when I click one or two more time in button on first (or last) list item the loop continue…

My blocks:

yeah this is good, and dont forget to do this in designer mode.

So you got your answers right??

1 Like

then what you are looking for?
I have designed in such a way user can go forward as well as backward. If you want user to go only in forward direction one at a time mean, remove the previous button. so user can go from 1 to 5 after wards nothing will happen. or if user need to come back from 5 to 1 mean remove the else block for both button. so it will be directed to one direction.

if not set only one for next and remove the else block + pre. so user will stopped at 5th image from teh starting point.

i think you cont do this if you plan to start with image no.3 But it achievable if you follow the above said method

1 Like

Yeah!! Perfect!!

Your blocks are perfect to my case, the images are appearing one by one, from image 1 until the image 5 (clicking in button next) and returning to image 1 (clicking in button previous), like I need.
But I don’t know if I forgot some block, cause if I click in button next in image 5, the image desappear and clicking again, restarts from the first image.

If this is your block then you have not disabled the loop. Compare the else condition of your block with my blocks.

I set false for opposite button to arrest the loop to go back

1 Like

Gowri SankaR, you’re the Man!!!
You found my error that I hadn’t seen. Problem solved!
I really appreciate your help!!

1 Like

If possible mark the desire post as solution :wink::wink::wink:

1 Like

Wait a moment… :sweat_smile:
I noticed the count of global_count never end while I stand clicking in buttons, so global_count will be 1 and 5 just once. What can I do to solve this?