System UI has stopped when clicked recent apps

Timers you mean clock?

1 Like

This too. Does the app have many images?

Yes, clock component.

I think there is 10-15 images

That could slow down your app. Try using lower resolution images, and don’t display too many images at once. Use the lowest resolution that gets the job done without looking terrible.

See this is my old version of app
Not much difference

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HhqFMSsk5pmNhqG_faOn1LMYYl8T9qxv/view?usp=drivesdk

And the version with problem

Weird. There are reviews on the Play Store complaining about the app jamming up their device, but I just tested it and the RAM usage is perfectly normal.

P.S. Unrelated, but you should fix the sign up procedure. Logging in with Google and closing the app skips entering other details. You should use TinyDB to ensure resuming sign up from the same step.

3 Likes

So… @jeeacademic, I’m impressed by your app’s animations and level of polish. Here are some things that I have observed:

• The bottom navigation takes too much time to load, and flickers abruptly. Is there any heavy calculation for adding the buttons? The UI looks a bit less smooth while loading because of it.
  • All data needs to be loaded on startup. You could store everything in TinyDB, and load it from there when the app loads. Pull the data in the background, and refresh it later (automatically or as a manual option).
  • The work-in-progress sections of the app don’t have on-screen buttons to access the sidebar or go back (I saw this in the Colleges section)
  • You could use “double tap to exit” instead of a confirmation prompt.

Also, the max RAM usage of your app is 263 MB on my device, with an average of just 1.5 MB. It hasn’t crashed or shown any abnormal behavior in System UI. I’m not on MIUI, so I don’t have any idea what is/was wrong.

Point to be noted, my device is indeed from Xiaomi, so the firmware is from MIUI. However, since we aren’t dealing with low level code, that should not translate to perceivable differences in app performance.

3 Likes

The old version also had same number of images.

Does changing package 2 times causes problems ?
Because I changed the package after completing my app [quote=“Kanishka_Developer, post:28, topic:21848”]

• The bottom navigation takes too much time to load, and flickers abruptly. Is there any heavy calculation for adding the buttons? The UI looks a bit less smooth while loading because of it.
  • All data needs to be loaded on startup. You could store everything in TinyDB, and load it from there when the app loads. Pull the data in the background, and refresh it later (automatically or as a manual option).
    [/quote]

Thank you , for noticing and telling all you could.
I don’t know why bottom navigation Flickr while loading

1 Like

No, it shouldn’t.

Adding the items at runtime causes variations in the width of the bottom navigation. Make the width fixed at “Fill Parent” if that option is available.

The app creates problem being in background or recent apps . Is there not any way to kill the app or force stop the app programmatically through the app .
Like when we close the application it should also be forced stop , then may be it won’t create any problem ?

I’ve observed one more thing that , when I transfer APK file to the mobile and try to install it , it says ‘package installer has stopped’ but when I install it from play Store , it simply gets installed.

Could you send me the latest APK? I’ll see if sideloading causes problems in Package Manager on my device.

Also, switching apps, going into recents and resuming the app all work normally on my device. I thoroughly tested what you told me, and found no abnormalities.

P.S. To programmatically stop your app, do this:

Screen1.On App Pause {
    close application;
}

JEEAcademy.apk (8.9 MB)

Here’s the APK , uninstall that APK and try to install this.

I am getting this error ! ( Screenshot) while installing APK
Screenshot_20190326-095835|281x500

Installed the APK without any problems. :man_shrugging:

Your phone has MIUI , try this app with any stock Android phone if you can . Then you will get to know the real problem.

Nope. :joy: I’d be using Android 6.0 if I were on the official MIUI given by Xiaomi. I’m using an Android Pie custom ROM. :wink:

Still , try in any stock Android phone without custom ROM or rooted device​:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: