Webradio App: Doesn't work in Background

Yes, and that’s exactly the problem since Android 9, as it was confirmed in my tests and described in the forums. Unfortunately, there seems to be no way to fix this issue yet.

same problem face

its internet problem but some time depend your mobile performance

Hello to all.

A friend talk with the @Taifun and he developed an extension to solve this: Extension to request IGNORE BATTERY OPTIMIZATIONS. Remember: this will not help to run your app in the background!

PS: This solved this problem, but the in Google Play this option is only allowed to some cases.

2 Likes

Sorry not on one of my test devices, see here:

So post the APK, I will check this …

So… I have a Galaxy S8 and with this config the problem solved… I have the original ROM in Android 9.

1 Like

I checked this again several times. It definitely doesn’t work on a Galaxy Note8 (Android 9) when screen is off (in standby / idle mode) and I’m pretty sure it won’t work on an S8 (Android 9) either. Otherwise, please show the power options (battery settings of your device ) so that I can test them on my device.

I was able to largely prevent the problem of stuttering and later stopping by triggering the grafik every 500 ms with a timer.
But the app still stops after 6-20 minutes; cannot be predicted. And if you bring the app to the foreground, the app is stopped (the play button) shows: “Play”.

So let my test app (Screen1 and Screen2) run for 20 min and report.
ExoPlayer_test2.apk (5.9 MB)

Screen1

Screen2

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.