If i use only single screen to create multiple screen using vertical scroll arrangement what benefits are there?
Less lag in app.
if you use 1 screen you will be safe from " run out of memory"
Note: if you only use the open another screen and never the close screen block, you will run out of memory after a while. Also reopening an already opened screen is a bad idea. For example if you open Screen1 twice, you also have to close your app twice
The text is taken from
read complete page from above link
It is not a good practice to only use one view because,
- The designer will be very cluttered and it will be hard to track whether your components are visible.
- It will be hard to navigate through the components list in the block editor
- It will be hard to navigate through all the blocks (if your app isn’t that simple for one screen)
- Catching errors and debug will be harder.
- It will not help with optimization. (UI doesn’t take up much space)
Please use multiple screens when needed.
- which needs less screens
- which needs more screens
So if you want to make a with less screens then it is advised to work with multiple screens and in case if you feel comfort with multiple screens in one screen then you can also go with that.
And this will not happen if you have less screens.
And if you want to make an app with a lot of features and screens then it is advised to use as less screens as possible means use multiple screens in one screen.
Else this will happen.
Now let it be more clear by an example.
Say you have an app with three screens like that:
When a button on screen 1 is clicked screen 2 will opened and screen one is still opened.
And when button 1 on screen 2 is clicked then simply close screen and you will be on screen 1.Now in this case only one screen that is current screen is opened.
If button 1 clicked on screen 2 opens screen 3 then what???
Then two screens screen1 and screen 2 are opened which can lead to this
Out of memory errors can be easily avoided if you practice good habits like
- Closing your screens everytime the user presses back instead of stacking screens
- Store your variables in files if you actually do not need to use right away.
I used Kodular for quite awhile and I haven’t met such problems even though I get video data from the web (100+ mb) and many pictures for thumbnails.
sometimes we actually dont need multiple screen but we do have 2 screen in apps, and switching screen is common issue users face, i am not against multiple screen, my reply is applied to the question asked by the user