Will Google Maps component work on devices without Google services?

I am building an app for a company, that’s going to be used as a navigator/guide on tablets, partially using the Google Maps component. The issue is, that the company is planning to buy tablets that don’t have Google Services (they’re coming at a cheap price), specifically the “Huawei MatePad T10s”.

As you might know, the company Huawei has been banned from using Google services (with Google Maps included), therefore they’re not coming pre-installed on their devices, nor can they be sideloaded by the user.

So, will the google maps component work on my app? I don’t know if it uses the preinstalled google Maps app to load the data, so I also do not know if it’s necessary for the component to work… I also cannot physically test that, as I do not own any Android device without Google services…

P.S. I do not want to use a different Map component, because Google Maps loads stores restaurants, etc, apart from the location that you’re at.

Hope my issue became clear, thanks to everyone who reads this.

I believe you got your anwser in discord

The Google Maps component requires Google Play services to be installed on the device.