Youtube API Guide

Hi,
I have seen So many Users asking for a Youtube API Tutorial and here it is… I have uploaded the AIA at the Bottom of this Post. Hope you Liked it and found it helpful.

Set Your API Key Here :
Capture

How to get API?
https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/getting-started

Set The maximum Number of Videos You want to get(get Creative with it !)
Capture

Provide the Channel ID Here, I used a Text Box to get it from the Users
Capture

And That’s All, Easy as That! If you have any Doubt Just reply here.

AIA FILE : YoutubeAPI.aia (5.7 KB)

Thanks

18 Likes

Another great contribution. You are the local Youtube expert now @Abhijith_Dominic :slight_smile:

3 Likes

how to use card view extension with this

1 Like

Here Instead of YouTubeList.AddItem you can add it to your Grid View. It depends on the Grid/Card View You are Using

5 Likes

I want to add this card view extension [Free] Material Cards + Camera Viewer (SPONSORED!) - #ThunkableClassicExtensions - Thunkable Community

2 Likes

Make 3 List called Images, titles and subtitles and add items into it instead of adding it to the YoutubeList. After it finishes Call the Input Function of the Card View and set the images to the images list title to the titles list and subtitles to the subtitles list.

Make sure not to place the CardView Input Block in the loop. Place it after the loop

1 Like

I have Use This Block And It Works Thank You:smile::smile::smile:

5 Likes

This works very nice…my questions

1. how to play these videos on fullscreen?
  2. how to use playlist instead of channel videos?
  3. can we upload an app using youtube api on google play store?
2 Likes

Take a look at the Aia and Make necessary changes to make it full screen

Look at Google YouTube Api V3.

2 Likes

For your question number 3: Yes but only if it is your channel, otherwise you need a licence for that from the channel owner.This licence you have to show in your policy,term of use to the user. If you dont publish his licence there, you app will be rejected.

6 Likes

DO NOT make your apiKey visible, because it is a type of sensitive information!

5 Likes

It’s Fine, because it’s a test project and I have even deleted it so it won’t work

3 Likes

One more question, you used “date” to order videos on the basis of time, what to use for sorting videos by views?

2 Likes

great tutorial !!

4 Likes

Got answer to my question…

2 Likes

Any idea why i am getting this error?

Read the errormessage or else show your blocks.

1 Like

The error was due to spinner i used to sort videos on the basis of views and time…it is resolved now

Note:
I have heard that Google is going to make some amendments in their API system so projects like YouTube sub counter etc can suffer for some time, I don’t know if Google has already done this or going to do this in near future, I will try Adding some accurate info about it tomorrow

2 Likes

Update The Download Link

1 Like