Airtable add or remove amount in a cell

Have a look here:

I’ve tried a few searches and watched a few videos in the community to try find a solution but I havn’t find the correct one for me.

In my new project I have almost similiar blocks, but this time I don’t want to delete the row, I want to add or remove a given amount from 1 cell in a row.

Like, in the other thread I have Handleliste_Antall (Shoppinglist_Amount) where I put in the amount of e.x. bananas.

But if I put in 30 bananas, I’d like to have the possability to add 10 more or remove 15 WITHOUT deleting the row, cuz I need the list in spreadsheet to stay in the order it is. Else it would be easy for me to just make blocks to delete the row and add a new one with same data but new amount.

Any easy doing for this?

You can try to find the position of the row where the value is, then you store the value in a variable and you add or subtract that variable with another value and replace it in your table

Hi @conmed55 :slight_smile:

I’ve started a new project for this testing and here’s my blocks, but I can’t figure out how to put it correctly or what blocks I should use, any ideas?

Hey @Choofa Can you provide the aia here or in personal so I can try something on that?

It would be nice to check all your blocks to find out where your TextBox1 comes from. Plus what the operation you’ve done is. If you want you can write to me privately or talk to me by telegram

Testing.aia (262.2 KB)

Here’s the aia file. I have removed the API and Base ID in Airtable since it’s to my personal spreadsheet :slight_smile:

What I want is if the cell contains the number 10, and I write 2 in the textbox I want the cell to become 12 if you know what I mean :slight_smile:

Ty for taking your time again to help me out @Vaibhav :slight_smile:

Well, in the picture you see all the blocks since I started a new project only for this testing :slight_smile:
Read my previous post to @Vaibhav where I published aia, if you want you can also try something out and give me a solution if you got the time for it :slight_smile:

Hi @Choofa
Update row will update row of particular column(s).
And you want to update cell.
So do it like this:
12-07_08_43

Makes more sence ofc :slight_smile:
Always a pleasure getting help from you!

Thnx

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.