Android 11 users can’t grant background location permission?

Hi, how to do this on kodular?

the question is, why do you think you need that permission?
anyway you will need an extension to get that functionality…

btw. my location service extension is able to to run in the background while your app is closed and stores location data (latitude, longitude and optionally current datetime, altitude, accuracy, speed, current address and provider) in TinyDB.

https://puravidaapps.com/locationservice.php

Taifun

1 Like

I need to send latitude and longitude to firebase database in background. How can I ta doing this with your extension?

please see again the documentation, which describes exactly, what the extension can do: App Inventor Extensions: Location Service | Pura Vida Apps

This extension is able to run in the background while your app is closed and stores location data (latitude, longitude and optionally current datetime, altitude, accuracy, speed, current address and provider) in TinyDB.
Also a background web functionality is available
which can be used to send the location data to a web service of your choice using a POST request. This could be used for example to store the location data in a MySQL database or to send an email after a location change was detected while the app is not running.
A notifier will be displayed while the location service is running in the background.

which means, the extension is not able to store the data in Firebase, but you can use it to store the data in a MySQL database or any other solution, which works with the web component and its Post method

Taifun

Would it be possible to use the firebase api and send the latitude and longitude values ​​with the web method in the background?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.