Announcing KodeJam 2k19!

I’m actually benchmarking the solutions based on milliseconds taken to evaluate. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are multiple correct answers for each Challenge. All of them will be tested for efficiency (both blocks and milliseconds evaluated), and accuracy across inputs (more blocks are not discouraged, for example in Challenge 2, which requires a handful of IFs to properly shorten all URLs). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still it is so unspecific that I gave up. Try to describe the challenges accurately and specifically. In a form like this now it doesn’t make sense. And it’s a waste of time to sit and wonder what’s going on.

I made it using 130 blocks.
Oh what a wonderful experience of doing something new…:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Which task with 130 blocks?

1 Like

Today’s challenges are out! And yes, they are easier than yesterday’s. :grin:

2 Likes

Can I also post my solutions for today’s challenges?
I am not registered… Can I still?

Sorry…

1 Like

The challenges are already well explained. I don’t think we need to explain them even more. If you have relevant knowledge, even a little push is like a huge support to help you get it done. :slightly_smiling_face:
And talking about the forms, they are not going to be changed. It’s doing it’s job perfectly. You have to accept it how it is, even if you don’t like it. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

If I also do like @Peter, which is watching from sideline, I would like to ask the requirements for today’s both challenges. :slightly_smiling_face:
I’ll also post the solutions after 24 hours :slightly_smiling_face:
New challenges will appear after 24 hours, right?

3 Likes

Sorry, you are too late. :slightly_frowning_face:
But hey, you can still try to solve them if you can, just don’t submit them to us, as they won’t be considered since you haven’t already registered.

3 Likes

Thanks! :slightly_frowning_face:
Is this only for Registered users? -

1 Like

What you mean by requirements?

Yeah, you can post the solutions once the next challenges are out.

2 Likes

The solution is trivial, but the lack of a specific description does not allow a sensible solution, and that’s it.

1 Like

Although you’ll be able to submit the solution, it won’t be saved in our database, because your email & name has not been saved in our registered users.

2 Likes

Challenge #1 : at which number should the Sum of consecutive numbers end? like 1 to 100?
Challenge #2 I have a question, I am PM ing u

2 Likes

It should start from one and end at any given number. (Assume that the “n” number is the one typed in a textbox.)

No, please keep all the decision here. So, other users with same question will get their answer too.

1 Like

Ok :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s not a type of question to post here :sweat_smile: That’s why I PM’d u…
Others scratching their heads for the problem will get the idea…
That’s why :smile_cat:
Plz check your PM box :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

2 Likes

The type of question you have asked isn’t what I would be pleased to answer. Sorry.

1 Like

Well that’s what the purpose of the challenges is. If we explained everything, there’s no point in calling the “Challenges”.

2 Likes

It’s right too :sweat_smile:
Dumb me.

Will KodeJam come again this winters?
I will be the first to register then.

1 Like