App like Spotify

How can we create an app like spootify and also like a music player both online and offline

1 Like

First show us what you have tried. Everyone is here only to help when you failed…

for an offline music player, see the Jukebox example here App Inventor Extensions: File | Pura Vida Apps

Taifun

1 Like

The “difficulty” in making an app like Spotify has very little to do with your blocks.

If you’re making a music player application that fetches music from an online source, you have to ensure that the end user doesn’t get their hands on the raw audio file (MP3, wav, etc).
If you’re monetising your app, you will have to pay a part to the track owners/label owners. How? I’m not very sure. Large firms like Spotify have legally binding agreements with music labels, and are thus able to use their music in-app.

If you don’t want to deal with any of that, you can restrict your music collection to NCS sounds.

The second problem is user data.
If you want your app to be competitive in the already saturated market, you’ll have to have unique features. These days, unique features mostly come at the cost of collecting tons of user data (for example, your app can have personalised playlists, but you will have to know a lot about the user from their past listens to be able to do so). When you collect sensitive user information, the onus lies on you to ensure no third party gets their hands on it.

I’m not discouraging you from making a full fledged music library, although I believe you should know the complications involved first.

10 Likes

Very good explanation! :+1:

1 Like