[Discontinued] Background Tasks [4.1] 🥳

You forgot to add this

1 Like

Here in requiredNetwork change None to ANY

1 Like

@ Bharat_Android_App_Develo

I thank you, I added the block you said but when I change the data on firebase no notification appears
FALSE appears only if we press button 1

1 Like

use version 3.7

1 Like

Try once in foreground service to true

1 Like

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hello guys. Is it possible !?!?

@xoma,
by the way: if the application is made system application, it will not be killed by the android system)))

*need root

1 Like

hi guys, but if the app installed on the mobile is closed, then removed from the apps in the background, should it continue to work or no longer work?

1 Like

@Xoma
is it possible to write to a file from the background?
(values variable in file).

1 Like

is there any way to get:
hour:minutes:seconds
I need the output in this format

1 Like

I will not be able to reply for some days, I’m on a break.

2 Likes

Hi, @Xoma.

I managed to solve this problem and now we can save the value obtained after calling the function “MakeExtra ← invoke[id_function]”.
(can be saved in TinyDB or data:mydata or more).

we get:

To do this, I needed to create an extension:

files:
-ReceiveTransmit.aix (6.6 KB)
-invoke_values_3_7_for_Kodular.aia (497.6 KB)

@Xoma, If there is a desire and an opportunity, please add such functionality to version 4.0
:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Now we can apply comparison, math, or monitoring operations to the values obtained after calling the function "MakeExtra ← invoke[id_function]”.

2 Likes

I did what you said. I downloaded it to the phone. I am manually changing data from Firebase, but no notification is received on the phone. I want to receive a warning when a value changes in Firebase, even if the application is closed. I’m so tired now. Please help me.

Change the value of the function name to “Initialize” and not “initialize”. Make the first letter capital and try again.

1 Like

Xoma good to see you back love the work im on a samsung s7 running android 8
i have the create on ui. and the resolve in the start screen

every thing works fine til i swipe the app away (firebase DataChanged)

i can hit a button to run the blocks it wall pick up on any change the URL is set to
but when the app is closed no more responce no data pulled

when i reopen the app i do not need to hit the button and the firebase DataChanged ) works with out any interaction and can stop and start.

anything new in the mix that could help me here. love the work happy to flick you some crypto (bitcoin) if you can help me or not you are the only one whos attempted this kinda work for these block builders

our futures are in your hands. =) lolol jokes aside really appreciate your work

in next reply attached a btc adress and i put some btc thu for you =)

2 Likes

Hi Van, thanks!

In theory, if it works when the App is opened, it should also work when it’s closed.
Some OEM devices put restrictions on background services causing them to not work properly.

If there is something like the phone’s battery optimization On, turn that off and check for background restrictions put by the device.

See here, how it varies by device:

I don’t have a BTC account now, I have PayPal:

1 Like

I am now working on a thing that makes calling procedures possible from a background (foreground) service :partying_face:

Did a few tests yesterday, got them working :blush:

4 Likes

Do upload it on github also please. :+1:

1 Like

Almost done :partying_face:

Some beta testing and few more tests remaining :grin:

1 Like