[Discontinued] Background Tasks [4.1] 🥳

Please understand how the extension works, blindly trying it like this is useless.

3 Likes

So, Please try to help me with MakeExtra blocks.

And, it is not easy to understand any of the stuff with any help of developer support, And you just replying and replying but don’t guide me to MakeExtra function, your documentation is not sufficient for run this block, Every extension developer help their user but you just replying not so informative.

Man, please be a little more polite to the person who made the extension without charging and is still making improvements all the time. Many paid extensions don’t have such a good support from the developer.

You have the right to ask for help, but Xoma - or anyone else - is not forced to help you. Specially if you want to force someone to help you without giving anything in exchange.

I understand that you might find it difficult and want to be helped, I myself was helped many times here in very simple situations but for me it was as difficult as climbing the Everest. But I would never dare to demand help from someone who owns me nothing and that is already making me a huge favor just for not abandoning the project…

14 Likes

I got frustrated so i do this post, Because before 2-3 days i started to ask for the help, but he replied but don’t give the solution again and again and said that the answer in his previous post, yeah he is right but some of the functions are information less, so i asked about them and he just saying the answer in his previous post i also tried MakeExtra function and it doesn’t work so i asked him for the help for MakeExtra block but he is still on the reply that the answer is in his previous post.

You can check his previous post MakeExtra has only documentation, Not invoke:[something-id] code is guided by him.

It also doesn’t help to flag a post out of frustration.

I think this says it all.

3 Likes

Sorry @Peter understood.

You are using the ShowAlert notice block with the extension which is not possible.

You can never have the connection between the background/procedure or the block, you are trying to show AlertNotice with the value make extra. Make extra is not a list as you see in the ‘do it result’. It’s actually a String Array. Make extra blocks only for function values.

Since you cannot take a string array as a normal input, the value the MakeExtra connected will be an array which the extension reads as Extra Values.

I suggest you not show alert notice in the background, some devices allow it but doing UI operation isn’t possible until you have overlay permission.

In the past, I’ve tested it with Redmi and Samsung which both has overlay/display popups permission option. Showing an alert notice worked in Redmi without permission granted but the Samsung device just logs an Error (Android 11).

If you still want to do it, just create and call a function (that’s it).
To pass the string to the function to encode URI, there are two ways i.e variables and events.

I had previously given an example to one person (decoding JSON with another extension)

You can change the variable value with ExtraFunction (java code needed).
It’s simple:

myVariableName = "My new value"

Yeah, I understand, the documentation is bad. I cannot just be typing the whole day.
I daily get 3-4 PMs someday where everyone is asking for help in the PM and most of them need an example.

I had asked for suggestions on how to improve the extension in one of the above posts. You can write to me with your thoughts.

See the new version (4.0) with the extension file here: GitHub - XomaDev/tasks-ai2: An extension that allows developers to schedule tasks.
And here is the Wiki: Documentation · XomaDev/tasks-ai2 Wiki · GitHub

4 Likes

This is my block after some guidance of yours.

Apk not working:-
web.apk (5.5 MB)

Extra function is only used for events and you cannot call it through the CallFunction block, Also just set a constant value at the beginning atself.

After using new blocks as you said it showing me empty value.

My Blocks

Change function name of “URIEncode” to “UriEncode”.

Yo :love_you_gesture: , Now it is working. Thanks For Help.

This is the correct method of helping. Keep Doing.

Still cant make the compare two strings to work
can you help me?

repeatedly every 3 seconds
If they are different send notification

You can do it:

if (myVariableOrEventVakue == something)

for string:

if (mString.equals(anotherString))

How to use UriDecode With MakeExtra Block.

Because Extra Function Doesn’t Get The Value From val1 of DataChanged.

The EventListener setled very well.

Help me to solve these blocks. Thanks @Xoma

Screenshot_2021_0812_103716

You should call it through an event or set constant value for that.

I call the value from firebase in ExtraFunctio and set it in dataT variable like dataT = val1; but it can’t settle in dataT variable. How does it possible?

I use DataChanged event to execute ExtraFunction Block.

Screenshot_2021_0812_110834

Can you show the example in blocks?

Hi,

Can I check the condition in background and play a sound if certain condition matched?

Please advise.

Thanks!

Yes with the help of ExtraFunction block you can do it.

like:

if(val1.equals("Hello"))
{
var data = true;
}
return true; :: function(someting-id)