Budget for a Video Extension

Hi, guys
I would like to know if it is possible to develop an extension to create videos with Kodular / App Inventor. In my search I found absolutely nothing about it, so may be it is impossible.
In short, I want to create a Video Editor.
If it is possible, I will find a dev to help me with it. And if someone from this great community can make it, better yet. Just send me a private message or answer here with a approximate value and I will contact you. I am aware it won’t cost just a few bucks.

IT WILL NOT BE A PROBLEM IF THE APP TAKE A LONG TIME TO FINISH PROCESSING OR OTHERS SIMILAR PROBLEMS RELATED TO VIDEO.

Some examples of resources I would like (not all of them necessarily, just some ideas):

1. Record screen
  2. Add an image / logotipo / watermark to corner of the video.
  3. Stretch / change width and height of videos.
  4. Mix videos (turn 2 or more videos into one)
  5. Add an image or phrase to a video. Ex: I have a video of 1024x728px and an image of 1024x296px and I want to mix than in a new video which will have 1024x1024px with the image on top or bottom of the video). Or I type a phrase in a textbox and set a font size and this phrase will be added to top or bottom of the video, which will generate a new video with the phrase embeded on it.
  6. Cut a piece of the video.
  7. Add or remove audio from a video.
  8. Generate a video from a sequence of images.
  9. Rotate / spin the video.
  10. Set thumbnail of the video.
1 Like

App must run in background to record videos. So I don’t think this is not possible.

2 Likes

App must run in background to record videos. So I don’t think this is not possible.

Not really. if the app is recording the screen of the app (that is my idea) it can work just fine.

Something like the extension Component to Image, which make a screenshot of a component, but recording a component of screen or the entire screen.
Talking about the extension, @Jerin_Jacob what do you think? Is any of these things I talked about possible to implement with App Inventor?

2 Likes

And beside this, what do you think about the others functions, @yusufcihan ? Because the screen recording is not essential. Actually, it is just a way I found to create videos if others thinkgs like item 5 were not possible or too expensive. In this case I could use a webview or player to play the video with the image or text I want to add to the video and record the screen while the player is playing a video.

Yes, maybe. Then, what will be the purpose of extension, if it will only record one screen (activity)? :thinking:

2 Likes

Yes, maybe. Then, what will be the purpose of extension, if it will only record one screen (activity)? :thinking:`

Generate a new video with the content of the screen.

I should have explained why I want this extension, but I didn’t want the first post was too big. My idea is to make an app like videoshow, viva video, kinemaster etc, but with one diference. My intention is to automate the creation of some simple videos.

I work with a lot of facebook pages, literally douzens of them.
I create about 10 to 30 videos every day. And I have a lot of friends who do the same.
Normally we just receive a video sent from a fan and add the watermark of the page or add the a phrase to the top of the video.
This take only a few minutes, but in the end of the day I lose hours doing this. I have a lot of friends who do the same.

See an example here: Facebook
In my country is normal to post videos of old musics with the text “ME RESPEITA PQ EU SOU DESSA ÉPOCA” added to the top or bottom of the video. I intend to create some templates like this. I put 10 videos in a folder and the app will generate new videos with this template. It has a very small number of potential users, but they are ready to pay for it so it would be very worth to pay someone do develop an extension that could work with video creation.

So, in short; you want to make Video Editor or Recorder or both, right?

1 Like

yes I want a video editor.
The recorder would be a workaround to make the editor.

1 Like

If you are looking for a screen recorder… I am now currently working on such a extension. It will be free when released

Sneak peak :

8 Likes

OMGEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! :joy:

What’s that supposed to mean ? :confused:

If you are looking for a screen recorder… I am now currently working on such a extension. It will be free when released
This is music to my ears, my friend. No doubt I will be a user and supporter if you need it at some point.

Thanks dude. It’s under development and is nearly done. There are some bug fixes and if it’s successful I’ll post it in the community tomorrow

4 Likes