Camera - Error 201, the camera did not return an image / missing Pictures folder

Should be fixed in next release.
If the directory doesnt exist it will be created automatically.

2 Likes

Importantly, it is necessary to use the smartphone’s native camera, if using another camera app it may not work. I tested 2 app didn’t work, but one did.

the component file bugs the page when I use it, why can it be?

Hi All,
I’ve compiled again with Kodular Fenix 1.5.6 … but still Error 201, the Camera did not return an Image.

any update / solution ? please…

Hello, the error 201 still present in version 1.5.6: the camera didnt return an image.

and the next solution doesnt works for me:

I have a screen with more than 40 images to take, and any one is returned to the image.picture.

any kind of solution? thanks

1 Like

hi Thanks,

After several test and trial, at last camera can take picture.

Note :

• Android 11 up, never fired Camera After Picture. It directly fired Error Occured.
  • Because I need to compress ( resize ) image, and my camera only create ‘PNG’ file, I 've to copy first into ‘Download’ folder to make JPG. And then resize after all.

This works now but
I hope, there will be a simple method to catch CAMERA, like the old one.

2 Likes

Yes, as I have said several times, my approach is at best a temporary workaround. Why this fatal bug was not fixed with the 1.5.6 update remains a mystery.

I wouldn’t use my workaraound because I’d have to adjust it again later after a fix.

Please , can you tell me if this problem can occur if I export the image directly to firebase storage ?

Anke Do you know if using a camera extension the function could work again?

Had you tried with camera extensions?

hello Ari, do you have an estimated date to fix this camera bug?

Anyone have any news on fixing this bug?

1 Like

sorry,
I don’t know…

I’m still waiting for the solution :confused:

I am using this component (Surface View).
While I wait for them to fix the camera.

Can you share example this .aia?

1 Like

Hello, both methods work on Companion but do not work when exorted as .apk.
I get Error 908 and tried to solve it with block ask for permission:android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE which was denied, after that i used Anke DeclareReadWrite.aix but that did not help too.
Could you help me plz.

Which permissions are there available in the manifest of your app? To find it out, use apktool…

It might help to drag the file component into the working area and set DefaultFileStorage to Legacy in the properties of Screen1 to get the required permissions in the manifest…

Also don’t forget to use the AskForPermission method accordingly…

Taifun

Thank you, it is working now.
I changed manifest but keep DefaultFileStorage to App.