Can I do this APP?❓

Hello! I want to make a wallpaper app of a TV serie (Code Lyoko). Is violate the policy of Google Play or I can do it? Thanks!
Javier :kodular: :blue_heart:

You should also ask if it violates the copyright of the makers of Code Lyoko. Why only think about Google.

2 Likes

Code lyoko’s company disappeared a few years ago. Right now it is not known who has the rights to this :neutral_face:
It is no longer put on television

You don’t know :wink: someone will know.

I have searched on forums and on the wiki, but nobody has it as I see

As far as I know, you can publish a wallpaper app with proper Disclaimer written in your app description. That’s how every app developer publish such apps. :wink:

As far as I know that may not be even possible because if you are using any material that belongs to any other comany/institute or any person, then it is mandatory to get the permission in written from that person/company before using it.
I think this will be more legit and ethical way to publish an app containing material which don’t belong to you.

And if owner has open-sourced the material then you need to explain the same before publishing to Play store and also give credits to respective owner.

Just writing a Disclaimer will not do the thing

But I have seen many apps which belongs to other person but available on the play store.

Maybe, but I would still follow what I wrote in my above reply :slightly_smiling_face:

I have already contacted with Google and with the creators :crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like