Change color in backend blocks to my specific custom color

Hello dear great Koders I have an app that I want to change the color using blocks but I can’t solve this issue please help me in advanced way.
Here is what I have tried so far but it doesn’t seem to work.

I wanted to set those colors but I didn’t find the perfect way how I can do it.

I then tried this but didn’t work too.

I will I appreciate if you help me this to work.

If you want to use hexcolors you have to add the color utilities component and you have to put the FF for transparancy in the front.

7 Likes

Thank you peter @Peter let me try that.

I have marked your reply as a solution because I am sure that it will work.

2 Likes

I have tried this more than 2 times but it is not giving me the real color which I want

Any advanced help please

2 Likes

You didn’t follow my advise:

you have to put the FF for transparancy in the front.

3 Likes

I don’t real understand what does it mean to put the FF

FF or 255 is the number that represents the transparancy of the color.

Like #D4AF37FF. So the color is solid. In some cases it will be at the end of the hex value. With the color utilities you have the set the number of the transparancy in the front so #FFD4AF37. Just try and see. If you want to make your color more transparant you have to lower the number. For instance #77D4AF37.

1 Like

Actually you don’t need to specify FF in front if you only want a solid color

1 Like

I thought you had to do that with the color utilities to let it work correctly? Put #FF in front and then the rest of the hex code.

I just tried and you don’t need it, one thing to keep in mind, make color block uses rgba while color utilities uses argb

2 Likes

Yes color utilities is argb. That’s why i thought you should use FF in front. Nice testing :+1:

2 Likes

Hello Kodulars I want to thank all of you @Peter and @Boban, I real appreciate your comments and reply on how to solve this issue, **Change color in backend blocks to my specific custom color

Because of time I didn’t want to waste my time I then simply used your comments and tried to relax a little bit and came up with a simple method as a solution to change color in the backend blocks.

First I used labels and changed their colors then I went into blocks then I used them to change whatever components I wanted.

See them here.

Here are the Blocks

I used that method to change the Theme Color eg. when Dark_Theme_Btn clicks then it should find if the theme color is Dark it will call the notifier that the theme is Dark but if not then the Whole App theme will change into Dark theme.

Also when White_Theme_Btn clicks then it should find if the theme color is White it will call the notifier that the theme is White but if not then the Whole App theme will change into White.

Here is a testing video I hope you will like it click this icon love :cupid:

1 Like

You know that there is a easier way, it’s called do it to get result…

Tip 4 - App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps

3 Likes

Sure @Boban that is nice

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.