Custom Search Bar with Simple & Dynamic Listview | Guide

Can’t say anything.
But you can save a last matched Suggestion in tinydb and If anything dosen’t matched then, show it as Suggestion.

1 Like

This is superb. @themaayur, you created an amazing guide. It is very helpful in creating apps with customized search bar. Really good.

Keep koding…
All the best.

1 Like

Thanks @Automate_My_Project :grin:

Your blocks are almost identical to the custom filter bar I made in 2018. Back then Appybuilder didn’t have the OnTextChange block so I simulated it with a clock firing every 250 ms.

1 Like

Ohh…its almost 2yrs now

As I said before

Our method is almost the same :grin:

But now there’s a Extension to this with very few blocks : )

Note : Anyone finds it difficult to use this method can use this Extension it simplifies the process as well as reduces the blocks : )

2 Likes

Hi dear friend
I asked my question in various forums but did not get the right answer
I am new to using the Inverter 2 program
1- I have created a program and I need a search button that I can type a word or a topic to search for content and display the details of that topic.
I need a place to search so I can retrieve the title name in the content
Photo: Posted in Attachment -Screenshot1
2- I need to create an image view
Photo: Posted in Attachment -Screenshot2
please help me.
I sent the sample image
Thanks

@bamdadesoha welcome to the community. I see that you are using MIT App Inventor and not Kodular . It is better to ask in MIT App Inventor Community and not here

I created an application, but a problem. Now an hour I wrote on a topic I wrote any item that needs a normal office Regular progress request matches your announcement

Hello,

I am in the new in kodular but it is awesome ! even for me i am trying to understand kodular but it is really awesome guide and extension and really clear to understand thank you

1 Like

If you can do this work with a table in Google sheet, I can gladly donate.

1 Like

Hi @Sener_AYDIN

I sent you a PM check that :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, I have a new added and updated products table, which consists of 2000 rows. I want to make an application for this table. (listview_image_and_text) I did this. I want to make a search bar for this application. Actually the same as you do. Only database will be Google sheet. Maybe it would be nice to choose categories and subcategories at the bottom of the search bar.

I will post a test apk as per your requirement tommorow :slightly_smiling_face:

Wow. Great

If you are on telegram, click here and send me hi :wave:

How do I add more items? I have a list with image, title and subtitle and wanted to know how to implement it this way too.

Suppose you have 3 lists, for image, title, subtitles.

And you are searching from title list. So when you you get the item, you can use it’s index to get other item’s from another list.

If you need I will post blocks

I got to this part here, but the only problem is that if a list has 2 same items it gives an error. If you can take a look and correct it please :slightly_smiling_face:

ProjecTest1.aia (256,3,KB)