CustomWebView : An extended form of Web Viewer

Android 7 - Crash Test more the 3 devices -

1 Like

When you take posts on a wordpress site through rest api and load the html code of one post into the custom webviewer, the whole post will not be displayed.
why is that?

But you said you have already found the solution?

Try loading the data in WebViewer component and see if that works.

1 Like

Hi @vknow360, it is possible to remove/disable the camera permissions from the extension? I plan to update my app on the play store and I don’t really want to write a privacy policy because my app does not actually use the camera.

2 Likes

I tried to re-compile without certain permissions but the build failed. Is there anything that I am missing?

Yes, it is possible.

1. Open aix with a zip software (7-Zip recommended)
  2. Navigate to com.sunny.CustomWebView\files\ dir
  3. Open component_build_infos.json externally with a text editor
  4. Remove unnecessary permissions from permissions object
  5. Save changes and close editor window
  6. Confirm to update changes in zip when prompted

I’ll not recommend to use AppyBuilder Code Editor for compiling extensions when you already have better options such as Extension Template and Rush with integration of latest libraries.

4 Likes

Thanks for the help, I use Appybuilder because I was looking at the previous posts and saw a method that uses it.

1 Like

Here is a snippet related to New Tab handling and Back Press.

3 Likes

Does your extension ask for CAMERA.permission even if it’s unnecessary? Is it possible to turn off that permission inside the kodular creator?

EDIT:
I just deleted permissions from extension archive. It works.

I want that when some download needs or open other doc links like then it should change URL:
to open doc links use this block
blocks

Or If I can’t explain I just want just like this in my app:-

If downloadUrl contains .pdf then redirect user to Google docs viewer else download the file.

Ya , but how to do?

I tried but not succed…:confused:

@vknow360 Can you please teach me how can make it possible?

Sure.

2 Likes

@vknow360 not working broo…
this is site :- Gujarat Technological University
can you check it when click on any circular it should open as per your block. but it is not doing anything

You were supposed to replace url with correct url.

no,its not detecting that i is an downloadable link

@vknow360

I just want that when someone click on any circular it should open doc viewer link instead of download…
in default web viewer it detecting the download

I want to paste text in this webview page put does not work, you should only type it, any help please?
I am using this extension

Try using java script

2 Likes